Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby herbidacious » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Really interesting. I know some famous composers had it.

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Seatallan wrote:Waiting to hear what they're going to do at local pool/leisure centre. I imagine there'll be a booking system for the pool and that you'll need to arrive with swimsuit already on (which was what I always did anyway). The changing area is quite big and open plan (with lots of individual cubicles as well as a series of shower areas) so I imagine they'll be able to come up with a method to render it comparitively covid-compatible. We'll see. Whatever they do, it will be lovely to get a swim in if I can as I've missed it.

Hairdresser beckons!! See you later :D

This is what our lot have just sent. (Private club though). Pat, its changed from their last email mentioned above but they have a maximum of 45 people in the entire gym at once.

When the Club does eventually open, the following changes will apply:

Members will need to book 90 minute slots to use the gym, and there will be a 30 minute break in between all slots to allow for some extra cleaning for that added piece of mind. This will ensure a more relaxed, more spacious, less hustle and bustle gym area. Therefore a far more enjoyable and beneficial training session.
Based on Government legislation there will be a maximum number of people allowed in the club. Even with reduced access we anticipate being able to look after in excess of 1000 members in the entire day!
The opening hours of the club are something that will have to temporarily change to a small degree and this is to ensure that we can make your gym experience as safe as possible. Closing times on a Friday will change from 9pm to 8pm and Sunday opening will be at an earlier time from 8am to 7am.
Please note that members and staff will have temperature checks at reception. Note that if you are above 37.8 degrees Celsius you will not be permitted into the club.
There will be one entrance to the club and a separate one to leave.
A coloured band system will initially be used to ensure all members are only in the club for their 90 minute slot. Should you wish to book back to back slots you will still be required to leave the club after 90 minutes and re-enter after the 30 minute clean has been carried out.
In addition to our cleaning rota, members will be required to wipe down machines before and after use. Our staff will be on the gym floor at all times to ensure this is observed. We will be operating a zero tolerance policy for this and you will be asked to leave the club if you do not adhere to this.
There will be no boxing gloves, resistance bands or skipping ropes on the gym floor, however these can be purchased from the reception team.
The changing rooms will be open with guidelines in place and only 1 in 5 lockers open for use. We ask members to observe social distancing if using them.
Bags and coats will not be allowed on the gym floor or behind reception, and we suggest you leave these in your cars where possible or lockers. We also have the small personal possession lockers on the gym floor that can also be used.
The pool will be open for lane swimming only. This will be limited to 2 people per lane. There will be no fast/slow lanes. Members will be required to book in a 60 minute slot to use the pool. The steam room and sauna will be closed during the initial reopening phase.
Your allocated 90 minute or 60 minute slot MUST include your shower time if you intend to use the facilities after your workout or swim.
Class sizes will be smaller with 75% being held in studio 2 (the larger studio).
Studio 2 and the spin studio will only be accessible via the gym floor not via the cafe.
Members are encouraged to bring their own mats for classes that require these such as Yoga and Pilates. We will also have these to purchase.
Squash courts will remain closed for the short term until restrictions are removed due to the nature of the game.

Last edited by Pepper Pig on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby herbidacious » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:39 pm

I'd ask him to stand a bit further back if it were me... ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53363032

Postby oat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Afternoon everyone.
We went to Norfolk on Saturday for six nights but came home after five. The rain won! Still got some nice walks in Thetford forest and a trip to Taverham Garden Centre and of course the chocolate shop, butchers and Mr Chips in Fakenham.
Driving through Lincolnshire the fields full of lilac/white poppies are beautifull.
We are home now until Tuesday then to Stranraer for a week then near Alnwick for another week.
If anyone is interested my step son is on Helicopter medics on Really on the 20th July hes the guy in Dalby forest.

Postby mistakened » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

I do not have synaesthesia, neither do I dream very often and seldom in colour. Does this make me odd.

There is thunder muttering up in the mountains, it will not come to anything

Moira

Postby Pampy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm also synaesthetic. Words and sounds are different colours. It wasn't until I was well into my 30s that I realised that not everyone hears and reads/sees "in colour". Strangely though, my dreams are usually monochrome.

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

I tend not to watch those shows, but I bet you and his dad will be proud Oat

There’s a bit of a row locally - open water swimming has been available in East Reservoir for a few weeks, booking only, no shore facilities £10 a go. The management company are making so much money from this they aren’t letting the local sailing club have their regular Sunday 3 hour slot back, although the leisure facilities are only there because of the sailing club. This will run and run)

Postby smitch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:29 pm

KeenCook2 wrote:

I was quite surprised, I have to renew my car insurance, and as the car's inflated value is £300, I thought I'd give 3rd party only a try. And it is a lot more expensive than fully comp! I guess it's demand and supply ... if no-one uses it the prices won't be competitive.

Woke up with a vile headache today but it's abated a bit after a couple of paracetamol. Will take some more now.

Have a good day, everyone.

Hope your headache clears up soon. Touch wood I've been migraine free this week :thumbsup

My OH works in insurance, 3rd Party has a higher perceived risk factor so it isn't as cheap as people expect. Companies assume you'll be less careful with the vehicle.

Oat, I am addicted to the programmes about the air ambulance at the moment. I'll definitely look out for that episode.

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm another that dreams in full technicolor - always have. My dreams are so vivid & involved you could make a film out of them - I've often thought I should keep pen & paper next to the bed to write them down as soon as I wake - I'm sure Tarantino would be interested!

Postby herbidacious » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:25 pm

You should, lush. Although I often find it oddly hard to explain my dreams in a coherent narrative once I try to write them down. I think maybe mine are more conceptual and emotional than visual, sometimes, even though they seem to have a filmatic element to them. The coherent narrative seems to slop away when I try to convert it into text in a way that I don’t think simply reflects my general inarticulacy.
And then there is the dream 'logic' element, which often subtly pervades the narrative as well as the weird motivations and 'reasoning' of the dramatis personae, which make perfect sense in the dream, but less so on paper. i.e. for me it all makes sense in the remembering, but less so in the articulation. Perhaps because different parts of the brain are involved in dream formation and language? I don't know. I can't be the only one to witness people's eyes glazing over when I try to relate a dream to them. I think a layer of non-linguistic meaning is lost when you try to convey a dream to someone else.

I used to keep dream diaries when I was in my early twenties and had a lot of vivid, and often rather disturbing, dreams. I still have them somewhere, and can still remember some of the dreams. (Being eaten by a panther in the British museum, for example?!!!)

Postby halfateabag » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:46 pm

Very hot again here today.... not unexpected. Another visit to the supermarket for supplies. We walked the upper village and got very hot. The water irrigation system in this village is amazing. We are very close to a large 2 pronged river bed a (dry at the moment) but there are concreted water channels all around the village that can be re directed with some fabric and heavy stones when desired. There is a water pumping station that supplies this channel. It is lovely to see.

Lindos - 5 mins away is just like this village but without the hype !!! or expense and it is filled with locals and not tourists.

Another visit to the beach for a swimbo.... then back for lunch. It is very much cooler at the beach than at the villa.

We have bought cockroach stuff and will spray before bed and close relevant doors and towel at the bottom.

Postby Seatallan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:27 pm

Pampy wrote:I'm also synaesthetic. Words and sounds are different colours. It wasn't until I was well into my 30s that I realised that not everyone hears and reads/sees "in colour". Strangely though, my dreams are usually monochrome.

I'm synaesthetic too, though with me its words/letters and numbers (but not sounds). Mind you, my synaesthesia has faded as I've grown older. These days, many of the colours are much more sepia toned than they used to be.
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Suffs » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 pm

You see ... we were right when we thought everyone did it ... well, everyone except Moira ;)

Postby oat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 pm

I'm with Moira :wave:

Postby KeenCook2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 pm

smitch wrote:
KeenCook2 wrote:

I was quite surprised, I have to renew my car insurance, and as the car's inflated value is £300, I thought I'd give 3rd party only a try. And it is a lot more expensive than fully comp! I guess it's demand and supply ... if no-one uses it the prices won't be competitive.

Woke up with a vile headache today but it's abated a bit after a couple of paracetamol. Will take some more now.

Have a good day, everyone.

Hope your headache clears up soon. Touch wood I've been migraine free this week :thumbsup

My OH works in insurance, 3rd Party has a higher perceived risk factor so it isn't as cheap as people expect. Companies assume you'll be less careful with the vehicle.

That's really interesting, smitch, thx! (Headache still there in the background but at least it's bearable!)

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Hope your headache clears soon KC2.

I had to look up Synaesthesia. I think I dream in colour but rarely remember dreams for more than a few seconds after I have woken up. I do wonder sometimes if anyone is 'normal', I'm sure, even just reading these boards, that everyone's perception and coping methods are different and that unless it hinders appearing 'normal' on the outside one may not even realise anything is odd. My memory is very pictorial, I was interested to read in the description of Synaesthesia that some look at patterns of numbers in a way thought to be unusual. I wonder how numbers sit in different people's minds. I can't imagine what would be in one's mind instead if there were no pictures :?.

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:46 pm

I’m not synaesthetic at all, but I do dream in colour, though not often aware of having dreamed, in fact when younger I’d have said a didn’t dream at all except for a couple of recurrent dreams

I went into the kitchen last night in the middle of my Zoom to get a glass of water and a mouse disappeared behind the fridge, I thought I’d seen one a couple of days ago

Today I pulled the fridge out and swept carefully, hardly any traces of mouse, though that’s usually the best place to find the signs. There was an untouched bait station there dated 17 April too so I’m not sure what’s going on. What worries me is that my impression was that the mouse was either obese or expectant, the latter being more likely

So tired today, have been for a walk but not going to be very active otherwise, must just pop over the road for veg. Hope the headache clears soon KC2

Postby aero280 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm

I have found that peanut butter is the best bait for mice.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:18 pm

scullion wrote:i watched a rather nice, gentle, programme about the pembrokeshire coast, last night. a farmer was harvesting his 'pembrokeshire earlies' potatoes. i may have to check on mine - same variety but called lady chrystl if grown elsewhere than pembrokeshire. nice potato.

Tonight's programme is about the Fens. :thumbsup

Postby herbidacious » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:19 pm

I have a bad headache too and went to bed at 4pm (slept for two and a half hours before being woken up by a paw on myy face!) and had a dream clearly informed by my new door and Zosh' villa. I tried to note if there was any colour in it, but not sure whether immediate post-dream meandering thoughts made the mangetout very bright green retrospectively. I suspect so. However, the very long gardens in the lockdown-themed dream were a bit brown so some colour there, albeit not very colourful colour.

KC2 I hope your headache has shifted.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox