Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby herbidacious » Fri May 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Husband is back. Definitely a chest infection, so more antibiotics. He's still in a mood.

Postby Suffs » Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

I find people who aren’t well are frequently moody. They blame the antibiotics ... I blame the illness.
Hope he’s better soon. Take care of yourself Herbi :newhuggy

Postby herbidacious » Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm

I think it is a work thing too, Suffs.

But he is frustrated by the constant coughing and breathing difficulties. It's been over two months now.

Has anyone had an email from Boots about their advantage card today?
It smacks of a scam but I think it's genuine. I have £175 on theere so qutie a bit at stake.

Postby mistakened » Fri May 22, 2020 5:53 pm

The water has been off all day, I have a pile of laundry, the washing machine had been making a nasty noise. The technician arrived and declared that the bearings around the drum were damaged. So no washing can be done either by hand or machine. The machine has been taken away to be checked. Deb will price new machines tomorrow when she goes out.
Meanwhile the Air Con technician phoned, he is due tomorrow morning but todays job has taken longer than expected so he may not make it here. That is less a problem than it was, the temperature has dropped at least 13 C, it is 23 C at 18 30. It was 36 C at !7 00 yesterday.

Moira

Postby Suffs » Fri May 22, 2020 7:16 pm

I’ve not had an email Herbj, but there was this a couple of months ago https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/li ... lty-points

Postby WWordsworth » Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Well, I started my new job today.
A very acceptable 12 hours or so per week but it involves taking the tram into Nottingham.

I got to the park and ride this morning.
Space for about 1000 cars and I was nbr 7 of the day, at 0915.
No problems with social distancing on board, in either direction.

Really enjoyed myself today.
Back next Thursday at 0730. That will be a shock to my system!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 pm

herbidacious wrote:
Has anyone had an email from Boots about their advantage card today?
It smacks of a scam but I think it's genuine. I have £175 on theere so qutie a bit at stake.

I had 2 emails today, but last one was only a few minutes ago ... I had already trashed the earlier one, so had to resurrect it, but then it wouldn't open .. :o :?

Postby herbidacious » Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 pm

I am sure it's fine but decided to order another card. The email primarily consisted in instructions to update my app with a new card number I have been allocated. I imagine the replacement card will turn up in the meantime. I don't know how I missed the think Suffs referred to.

Not very likely to use it other than online anyway, and I think it works for that at the moment. (Since updating the app involves taking the number from one's online account ... and adding three numebrs from the email.)

Husband was prounounced to definitely have a chest infection and will now be taking 8 antibiotics a day (all in one go!) so no Coivd-19 test necessary. I do hope they kick in soon. He was sent to a hospital in the end. Sat in the car until it was his turn to go in.

Postby Pampy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:58 pm

Did you check the email address that the email was sent from?

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri May 22, 2020 11:58 pm

liketocook wrote:We are still trying to figure out what yesterday's announcement mean for the out of school club, .

Good luck with that ;).

Glad OH has been seen Herbi, it sounds as though it was a very necessary appointment. Onwards and upwards from here hopefully!

I haven't had an email from Boots. I don't shop there very often but do try and use my points when they have accrued suitably.

Glad the job and tram were both ok WW.

Postby mistakened » Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am

Good Morning Campers, we have water, it returned last night at about 23 00. I shall attempt to hand wash a quantity of blouses and other tops, none of the them is dirty just grubby, the only problem is that it is a small sink and not designed to take sink plug. I have not hand washed that amount of stuff in years :roll:

Moira

Postby miss mouse » Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 am

Suffs wrote: I find people who aren’t well are frequently moody. They blame the antibiotics ... I blame the illness.

Or irritable, the docs have blamed the illness for decades but I too think it is the Abs, a small price to pay to get better though.

Loyalty cards, use the points at once, they have a habit of changing the T&Cs saving themselves millions.

Postby Suffs » Sat May 23, 2020 8:33 am

Good morning campers :wave

A lovely sunny morning and thankfully the wind has dropped a bit. I need to get the plants out of the studio and back on the terrace prior to being planted out very soon.

I had a very difficult day with pains in different parts of my neck and upper back but as I suspected it was that the exercises Patsy gave me together with some new stretches, have unlocked something and this morning is a lot better :thumbsup

Hope things are picking up for the Herbi household, and that we all have a good bank holiday weekend 8-)

Postby icelesley » Sat May 23, 2020 9:34 am

Good Morning campers. Wow it was windy here yesterday, I had to pickup some of the larger shrubs in Pots tie them to the fence to save them. First aid will be required this morning I think, some of the canes have broken. The wind has dropped a lot this morning and the Sun is out for now :thumbsup

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 am

Phew, so glad to hear that Suffs :thumbsup :limbobanana

Postby northleedsbhoy » Sat May 23, 2020 10:13 am

smitch wrote:If his surgery is anything like mine, there will be plenty of precautions. Mine has sanitiser at the door, socially distant seating and staff wearing gloves, aprons and masks.

I have to go in next week to learn how to self inject my B12. I did offer to go in weeks ago but was told they were doing video appointments. When I spoke to the doctor earlier in the week she said they are reluctant to do video consultations and now my jab is late :roll:

Oh dear, having to self inject my B12 would be my worst nightmare and I honestly don’t know if I could. I have a paranoid fear of needles and for blood tests, B12 injections etc my eyes are tightly shut. My B12 is overdue and have been told they’ll do a blood test in August when next one is due. Don’t really understand that because if I can have that why not the B12?

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 am

Good morning
We have some sunny periods but there’s a strong wind blowing clouds over, it’s noticeably freshers and there’s about a 1 in 3 chance of some rain this afternoon

Good to hear it’s easing up Suffs

I’m wondering if I should go to the supermarket today, I could do with some stuff but most of it is not really urgent, maybe I’ll stroll up and survey the queue

I’m going to have to do some follow up on deliveries, I should have had two small letter packets one containing face masks and one shoelaces, I’ve waited much longer than I usually would as we have only been getting deliveries every 3rd or 4th day But I’ve had 2 this week then yesterday next door had a second delivery of oversize letter packets and postie thinks it’s all working. I hate complaining

On a brighter note I got a good offer on the pinafore dress I wanted, I ordered it, it arrived 36 hours later and it’s great :thumbsup

Postby herbidacious » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

Yes still very windy here and set to be so till Monday. There goes my source of distraction for the weekend. I can't very well do much in the wind that I want to, unless it's more sheltered out the front. But still, not very pleasant. Last night while I was trying to re-site my broad beans (they are in a moveable manger) the wind just seemed to be coming from everywhere i.e. nowhere seemed sufficiently sheltered. We put up a wind break along the fence, but not sure it's working. Poor tomato plants are huddled together to try to stop them from falling over and give them some shelter. I am glad they are not potted on and perched on top of water tanks, they do so need to be potted on. Aubergine and peppers, which I was hardening off, are staying indoors. I do hope the wind doesn't blow the bird defence sleeves of my cherry trees, as there is a good chance they will take the cherries with them.

Miss Mouse… but what to spend all that money on in Boots? They have limited selection at the moment (or did last time I looked). I suppose I could stock up on moisturiser and serums it they are available, but not £175’s worth. One used to be able to buy kitchen things in Boots, once a long time ago. (But they wouldn’t be selling them now anyway, I think. And I don’t really need anything.)

Just found out that my oldest friend’s father has died of Coronavirus. He was in his late 70s and in a care home. My friend has had the virus too and narrowly avoided hospitalization. Eight weeks on, the lining of her lungs are inflamed and she is still not well at all.

Postby scullion » Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment - cloudy with patches of sun predicted for the whole day - and quite breezy.
we're going to attempt the beach. if it's full of emmets we'll come home and wait until the novelty/madness has worn off before we go down again.
i don't think i have a boots card. i don't buy enough there to warrant having one. the chemist in aggie has been taken over by boots but even if i ever need a prescription it gets fulfilled by the surgery as we live over two miles from the chemist (even if i use the surgery in aggie).
i am waiting for a couple of small packages, too. a box of (schmetz) sewing machine needles and the bit for my overlocker. the latter will be coming from china so that'll be next month. the former is because i'm fed up of cheap needles breaking thread so often. buying a hundred work out at five for a pound - which is cheaper than the cheap ones! why i haven't done it before is beyond me.
have a good day, everyone.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Morning all! :wave.

Such sad news re your friend's father Herbi.

The small branch of Boots round the corner has primarily remained open as a dispensing chemist with one person allowed in at a time, but if you go in, you may ask for any items in the shop.

Hope your creakiness indicates the road to recovery, Suffs!

The wind wasn't too bad here. Still a bit blowy but nice for walking and my little tomato plants are braving it well. I put plastic cloches over some of them which have, of course, blown straight off. I do wish we could have a small amount of rain.

I've just made some flapjack as I realised I had all the ingredients. It doesn't look as though I'll be lucky in the flour lottery with my click & collect order tomorrow. I might look in M&S after the bank holiday. I gave a friend my plain flour last week as they can't go out and need it more than I do.

:newhuggy to all.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox