Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks.

Postby Grasshopper » Tue May 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Herbi - :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy

:newhuggy
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw.
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door.

Postby Pampy » Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 am

Herbi, that definitely sounds like good news. Despite these strange times, I'm sure that if your consultant thought that there might be anything untoward, they'd have sourced a second opinion sooner.
Hope you get a good night's sleep.

Postby halfateabag » Wed May 27, 2020 12:18 am

Herb, so glad to hear that things are looking up and that everything will be OK, sleep, rest and re-charge your batteries and carry on gardening !

Postby mistakened » Wed May 27, 2020 7:03 am

Good Morning Campers, the church bell was clanging earlier. I wonder which festival is being celebrated? I cannot see any cars over there.

Moira

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed May 27, 2020 8:50 am

Do they do Pentecost?

Postby icelesley » Wed May 27, 2020 9:19 am

Good Morning campers. Herbi Good positive news, I hope you had a good sleep :newhuggy
We have sunshine and blue skies again. We reached 26c yesterday :shock: today looks like being similar.

Postby Suffs » Wed May 27, 2020 10:03 am

Good morning campers :wave

The lovely Simpsons Sky I awoke to has been replaced by an overcast one. :(
After a painfree 24 hours I picked up my knitting yesterday for the first time since my neck and shoulder got bad ... not a good idea :cry: I hate sitting and not knitting ...

Postby herbidacious » Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am

Grasshopper wrote:Herbi - :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy

:newhuggy
Grasshopper

aw thanks. You are sweet :)

Postby herbidacious » Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 am

Thanks every one. Terrible night's sleep. I suppose I can't wind myself up so tightly and expect to unwind straight away. But it's ok. Anxiety levels now normal. I can't quite put it to bed yet, but I think I can park it. (Sorry. Very mixed metaphors!) and am going to try to throw myself into work - finish my first draft of Hop o' My Thumb and make a start on a new project I have been given. (Replacement for Engineers I guess.) It's to do with the history of our planet (geology and prehistory). Big subject, small book!
I have a list of modest gardening things to do to. Potting on, mainly.

The parakeets are noisy this morning. The bees are thronging round the roses near the house, and I know that the scented rhododendrons - the last of my three bushees to flower - half way down the garden are abuzz with them too. I have a Waitrose delivery later. (Mixed blessing, but once it's sorted out it will be nice.)
Need to do something with that tofu that's been in the press for two days now. Hopefully it's still ok.
Oh hI have a mental health Zoom seminar to attend...

Suffs, sorry your knitting is bringing on the shoulder pain. Very disappointing.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 am

Suffs wrote:Good morning campers :wave

The lovely Simpsons Sky I awoke to has been replaced by an overcast one. :(
After a painfree 24 hours I picked up my knitting yesterday for the first time since my neck and shoulder got bad ... not a good idea :cry: I hate sitting and not knitting ...

Are you keeping up with the stretches ? ;) :thumbsup

Good morning everyone ... :wave :wave :wave

I seem to have missed the last 2 days postings on here :? :roll: But good news Herbi ... :limbobanana :clap

It's a lovely day here - I have already been out for a walk round the estate - meaning my back garden - takes all of 2 minutes, but scared off the flock of jackdaws and parakeets :thumbsup

Fitsteps class at 10 - I'll be back ;) :thumbsup

Postby Suffs » Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 am

Yes Patsy :limbobanana

Postby PatsyMFagan » Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 am

Good girl :thumbsup :clap

Postby smitch » Wed May 27, 2020 10:31 am

Morning all!

Lovely day here, far too nice to be stuck indoors working on some data reporting :(

We've booked Nelly in to see the vet tomorrow, she isn't getting any better and is showing signs of being in pain. Will see what the vet says but I'm not very hopeful :cry:

Postby PatsyMFagan » Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 am

Awww :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :cry:

Postby Earthmaiden » Wed May 27, 2020 11:09 am

Morning all! :wave . Another lovely day. I had such a busy day yesterday I've only just read back and see you've all been busy too!

herbidacious wrote:The parakeets are noisy this morning. The bees are thronging round the roses near the house, and I know that the scented rhododendrons - the last of my three bushees to flower - half way down the garden are abuzz with them too.
Herbi - your words there paint such a beautiful picture. I hope you can get out there and immerse yourself in it today. I was so pleased to hear that yesterday's visit went well, it sounds hugely encouraging :newhuggy.

I had a lovely long walk before it got too hot yesterday, then I ventured to M&S, took shopping to friend who decided it would be nice to distance sit in her nice garden and chat - and it was! Then an old friend I haven't spoken to for yonks phoned and then I was off to GD's to sit with her in the garden whilst her ma ventured out on her first big shopping trip since lockdown started (the shop she wanted to go to is quiet on Tuesday evenings). It was a beautiful evening and their garden is lovely. It almost felt like a normal pre- Covid day, I felt so tired by bedtime!

:newhuggy to Nelly and all of you with aches, pains and troubles.

Postby herbidacious » Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 am

Oh no, Smitch. Poor Nelly.

Thanks, Em. It sounds like you had a really nice day.

Postby mistakened » Wed May 27, 2020 11:47 am

Pepper Pig wrote:Do they do Pentecost?

The bells were clanging to celebrate the end of the Easter. Ascension Day, Pentecost and a couple of feasts that you have never heard of are yet to come.

The washing machine saga continues, we had to go to Limassol as part of car purchasing negotiations and decided to look for a new washing machine. We ended up at one of the major electrical retailers, a machine was purchased and will be delivered tomorrow. I had a good browse through their stock including enormous fridge/freezers, it is amazing what you can covert. One small electrical item peculiar to this end of the Med is a special jug for making Greek Coffee.
I got my money recredited from the original washing machine together with a protest that they could have delivered tomorrow, that is not what I was very firmly told yesterday.

Moira

Postby scullion » Wed May 27, 2020 11:49 am

good morning, all.
sunny. the bread is already baked and out of the tube.
i had an email, this morning, from blightwatch to say that there would be a chance of blight. that would have been earlier on this morning, up to eleven. as our humidity, the met says, is at 94% until then. that is surprising.
good news, herbi, get on with that garden!
which shoulder is it, suffolk? if continental style knitting is out is there a way you can change the angle you knit at by using cushions under your arm to take away the repetitive action?
we're going for a walk on the beach this afternoon followed by picking up milk from the village on the way home. hopefully any visitors would have gone home although yesterday evening we could see a tent and car in a field across the valley that seemed to have tucked itself away from road view. i'm not sure it's meant to be there - never seen a tent in that field before only a horse, sheep or cows - i'm wondering if the farmer knows.
if they don't there could be a bit of a shock - it's muck spreading season.
have a good day, everyone.

Postby liketocook » Wed May 27, 2020 11:57 am

Good morning everyone,
Great news herbi it sounds very positive if they did think it was anything to worry about they'd be moving much more quickly.
Poor Nelly Smitch :newhuggy
Ouch suffs sounds as though knitting is out for a bit.
The sun is shining here today and I'm a tad steadier on my feet so win-win for getting some veg planted. I'll be being cautious in my movements though as I don't want it to flare again!

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox