Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby Lokelani » Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Fingers crossed for you Herbi.

Also for Nelly, Smitch.

All worries are probably worse at the moment, with everything feeling so strange.

I've just been talking to a friend on the phone for nearly an hour and it was really good. It's not something we'd normally do, as we see each other regularly it would be a quick imessage :lol: . Not a good old fashioned proper chat. Reminded me a bit of being a teenager, sat on the stairs talking to a friend or boyfriend, just without Mum or Dad keep tapping their watch & reminding me about the cost of phone calls!! Nowadays it's a timer set for 58 mins as we both get free phone calls up to an hour! :lol:

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Thank you.

Looks like I won't get a password reset before I go, so I will be quiet until when I get back. I am going in about 45 minutes.

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 pm

:newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :crossed :crossed :crossed :crossed

Postby Seatallan » Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm

Herbi, if you can read this, we're all with you.... :newhuggy :newhuggy :crossed

We're having a bit of a holiday week. Went for a lovely walk yesterday. Took in a few fells including Skiddaw, my favorite mountain. Considering it was a sunny BH Monday it was remarkably quiet (unlike some of the costal resorts by the looks of it). We had the summit to ourselves- bet that never happens again! Today I'm catching up with chores including washing and gardening but tomorrow we're planning another walk. Making the most of the freedom in the hope it lasts.

As for that nice Mr Cummins.....just don't start me..... :twisted:
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Suffs » Tue May 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Seatallen .... :twisted:

Thought the doctor on Radio 2 was very clear ... do not drive if you are concerned about your eyesight; do not put a child in a metal box for 5 hours with suspected/possible Covid sufferers (there’s potential for viral overload making the child very ill indeed) ; do not leave home for any reason if you feel unwell during the Covid lockdown. Do not travel for any reason if you feel unwell during the lockdown.

If you are too unwell to care for a small child at any time and you have no support who can come and get the child you contact Children’s social services on their emergency number.

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Well, my shoelaces have turned up - in a solid, undamaged, manila envelope, 24 hour delivery sticker on the envelope, not date stamped on the outside but dispatch not on the inside says sent 11 May, which is when he emailed me

I appreciate these are difficult times for the Post Office, but they aren't admitting to this level of delay, that's what annoys me

Perhaps my face masks will turn up now - though that is partly the seller's fault they said allow 5-7 day delivery then didn't pop then in the post until day 10, not excusing them as they weren't selling masks pre-lockdown, so they should have known whether that was a sensible claim

Postby scullion » Tue May 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Suffs wrote:If you are too unwell to care for a small child at any time and you have no support

he obviously has no friends and very little parenting skill.

Postby mistakened » Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 pm

It has been an interesting afternoon, first I went for a pedicure, I think that E has overdone anti Covid precautions but better to err in that direction. Whilst there I a phone call from the leader of our lacemaking group, she had been to the Artemis Taverna, everything was closed up, so no lace group yet. No Mah Jong either as that it is our usual venue.

Then on to Lidl, primarily to buy ice cream and Prosecco, I did also purchase other items such as Oven Chips and cheese . I got to the till, the man in front of me was disputing some item that he bought previously, this is well established Cypriot habit. I often get held up by a till receipt dispute, the shop is usually correct. Because of the kerfuffle my ice cream and oven chips accidently got put on his bill. We had to wait for a supervisor to sort it all out. Whilst in the queue Deb phoned, the washing machine was not repairable, could I go to the electrical shop to order a new machine.

Drove on to the electrical shop, it took a long time to establish what they had in stock then found that they cannot deliver until next Tuesday. I have ordered a new machine, by this time I could not remember my credit card PIN, I managed it second time. In retrospect I should have left it and tried somewhere else but reliable suppliers are hard to find.
Handwashing is difficult in the kitchen sink, it does not have a proper plug and we have been unable to find one to fit. I can see me treading laundry in the shower!
No launderettes around here, the only one are in the tourist area which is, of course closed

Moira

Postby scullion » Tue May 26, 2020 4:46 pm

but hopefully the ice cream hadn't defrosted or the prosecco warmed up - get your priorities right woman!

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Hello

I am back from the hospital. Bottom line is that the consultant said she couldn't see anythinggn untoward. The x-rays have to be shown to another consultant, who was not to hand due to CV-19, so a 7-10 wait for the official results, but I think cause for optimism.

I am shattered. Will go and try to have a sleep I think.

Thank you all for your support and putting up with my terror.

Postby mistakened » Tue May 26, 2020 5:05 pm

scullion wrote:but hopefully the ice cream hadn't defrosted or the prosecco warmed up - get your priorities right woman!

Don't worry, I had ice packs in the cool bag, the ices, a Magnum clone were put straight into the big freezer. Some things are serious :thumbsup

Moira

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Good news Herbi! :clap

Moira, at least you have a date for the machine, adn you will be able to stockpile some of the laundry knowing how long for

Need to go for my walk, I am very tired again, but think a little exercise will help

Postby ChinchillaLady » Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Good news Herbi, hope a feel better after a little snooze.

Postby Seatallan » Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Hurrah Herbi! Hopefully that'll be that.... enjoy your rest and try to relax a bit now.... :wino :newhuggy :newhuggy
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Suffs » Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Great news Herbi :thumbsup :wino Hope you feel better after a little rest.

We've just signed up for regular deliveries of milk and eggs from Milk & More ... OH goes backs to work next week ... he doesn't want me to go shopping more than absolutely necessary and I don't want him having to belt down the road on his bike when he gets back from work a bit stressed 'cos customers haven't followed the rules or whatever ... so we'll see how deliveries go ... and at least we can choose to have it in glass bottles :thumbsup

Now I understand why Cummings & Goings drove to Barnard Castle

Barnard Castle.jpg

Postby Busybee » Tue May 26, 2020 7:02 pm

So pleased Herbi, have a sleep and a nice supper. :newhuggy

BB

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Phew, Herbi, definitely cause for optimism :newhuggy

Postby Lokelani » Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 pm

That sounds somewhat reassuring Herbi.

Just wiped down & put away an Ocado shop. Getting food, however you come by it these days is just so exhausting seemingly. Lots of people I've spoken to, family & friends have either never bothered wiping it down, quarantiningor etc. Or have stopped bothering recently.

I guess that could be an increasing problem as we all become a little more jaded and less worried. I suppose if the numbers infected drop at the same rate as our laziness kicks in it might be okay! I'm still feeling the need for caution though. It does no harm, except if the precious treat of ice cream thaws while I'm doing it all! :lol:

Postby smitch » Tue May 26, 2020 8:39 pm

Sounds like some good news, herbi. Hope you have a restful evening.

Postby Amyw » Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Glad to hear good news Herbi

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox