Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby Seatallan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Oooh!! I'd read about that Cherrytree. Sounds splendid! I may have to take a trip to Maryport soon.... :D
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby cherrytree » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:16 pm

These are the two boats that are on Facebook..On there it tells you when the boats are due in.
Cheralis Fresh Fish
Silver Fern Fresh Fish
I only read about them last night.

Postby halfateabag » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Lovely artichoke Herb ! Hi everyone, well we are now in a hotel in Calais and have managed to change our tunnel crossing to tomorrow instead of Wed. So I shall see my long missed wussers a day early. A quick trip to Calais wine superstore early tomorrow morning and then onto the train home at 11ish.

Postby icelesley » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Suffs wrote:Oooh I love cold roast beef Ice, especially if it’s rare ... with creamed horseradish :yum

Definitely rare, a good vet could revive the beast, :lol: :lol: :lol: :yum

The last kitchen company arrived early, spent a good hour and a half with us, it is someone I know, I used to babysit him when he was a baby, :o he is 52 now :o been in business 22 years and I have had nothing but good reviews locally. So I think on his design we am going with him. We have seen some really bad reviews not only from you guys ( I love you all, thank you ) but on facebook too about Wren so I think they are a none starter.

Postby Suffs » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:59 pm

So Chinch ... did the earth move for you?
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/bomb-squad ... -1-6755006

:o

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:16 pm

icelesley wrote:
Suffs wrote:Oooh I love cold roast beef Ice, especially if it’s rare ... with creamed horseradish :yum

Definitely rare, a good vet could revive the beast, :lol: :lol: :lol: :yum

The last kitchen company arrived early, spent a good hour and a half with us, it is someone I know, I used to babysit him when he was a baby, :o he is 52 now :o been in business 22 years and I have had nothing but good reviews locally. So I think on his design we am going with him. We have seen some really bad reviews not only from you guys ( I love you all, thank you ) but on facebook too about Wren so I think they are a none starter.

Great, ice, sounds like a really good choice :)

Postby mistakened » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 am

Good Morning Campers, there is a trip to Lidl this morning, A new large branch opened in Limassol last week, I won't bother to go there as it will be the same stock.
halfateabag wrote:and then onto the train home at 11ish.

I thought that you were driving or did you hire a left hand drive car?

Moira

Postby Suffs » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 am

Good morning campers :D :mug:
Hope you’ve all had a restful night.
It’s a beautiful morning ... not a cloud in the sky ... today’s supper is going to be kebabs made from chunks of pork tenderloin marinated in lemon, rosemary, garlic and EVOO ... we’ll have them with courgettes from the garden and pieces of red pepper ... and I’ll make some flatbreads.
Apart from prepping that, I’ll be in the studio ...
Have a good day folks 8-)

Edited so that it makes sense :roll: :lol: :oops:
Last edited by Suffs on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:04 am

Good morning everyone :wave: I had a lay in this morning, not waking up until 5.30 :o For the last 4 mornings it has been a 4.30 alarm call to get Daughter to Uxbridge for the first bus to work. :(

From next week her work hours will be 7 am to 7 pm, which means we get almost an extra hour in bed :woohoo:

Apart from my Tuesday morning Zoom Fitsteps class, I will be spending some time in the (front) garden giving my bushes a trim ;)

Postby icelesley » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:06 am

Good Morning campers. The Sun is out again :limbobanana dinner tonight will be mixed grill. :D I have had 4 tomatoes turn red but when I picked them they had all split across the bottom for some reason :(

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:15 am

Isn't that something to do with erratic watering Lesley ?

Postby ChinchillaLady » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 am

Morning All

Never felt a thing here Suffs, but tbh I am not quite with it atm, been in severe pain for a week with my right hip, finally getting to see a Dr today, Solpadeine isnt doing a thing for it, the pain is much worse than when I had my left hip replaced. Bursitis has been mentioned.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:52 am

ChinchillaLady wrote:
Never felt a thing here Suffs, but tbh I am not quite with it atm, been in severe pain for a week with my right hip, finally getting to see a Dr today, Solpadeine isnt doing a thing for it, the pain is much worse than when I had my left hip replaced. Bursitis has been mentioned.

Ouch Chinch .... that sounds really painful :newhuggy

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:58 am

Morning all! :wave. Hope you have a better start today KC2!

:newhuggy to Smitch, Chinch and anyone I've missed with horrid pains.
Goodness, that Cromer explosion- imagine how many people have walked over that or almost hit with golf clubs!

Great news you'll get a lie-in Pat! Think you've made a good decision re the kitchen, icey.

Another lovely day. I spent much of yesterday tidying up the garden, it looks much more respectable. I picked a large bowl of mulberries which I must do something with. Today is a going out day, shopping and walking. Also going to Halfords to see if they have the child car seat we like the look of. Now that Mothercare and the John Lewis baby shop have closed it's the only place left if you don't want to buy online, I like to see something like that in the flesh first.

Welcome back to Blighty zosh! Hope the cats are pleased to see you.

Postby herbidacious » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 am

Morning. Sunny here. Lots of work to do today and meetings all afternoon, which is technically work, but more than a tenth as productive/useful as writing which is what I need to do right now. Will try to squeeze some gardening in too. I have some more strawberries to plant up. I ordered them months ago and had forgotten about them by the time they arrived late last week. I could do with some more pots/garden...
I need to cook too. Use those auberignes and courgettes I picked the other day. Might end up juist doing something ordinaire, but definitely don't want to end up with what Uncle in law uncharitably calls 'veggie slop', so not a ratatouille type thing.
Work is worrying and onverwhelming. I had better get on with it.

Postby Uschi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:14 am

Guten Morgen! It is balmy and sunny here with clouds promising rain later.
I hope all those with aches, pains and other tribulations will feel better soon!!!
(spreading a virtual picnic blanket for everyone to sit down and relax)

(Click on picture)

Postby Suffs » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:21 am

Oh Chinch :newhuggy thought you'd been unusually quiet ... even for you ;) Hope they can sort you out PDQ. If there's anything we can do you know you only have to shout :thumbsup

Car seats cost a fortune EM! Gone are the days of wedging the carrycot in the back of the Volvo estate with a haybale or carting 8 Cub scouts around in the same. ;) Probably just as well.

Postby mistakened » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am

Uschi wrote:(spreading a virtual picnic blanket for everyone to sit down and relax)
I shall sit on the blanket, clutching my coffee mug :D

Back from Lidl which was remarkably quiet, I think that a lot of people have gone to the new branch on Ay Filaxis. They had tiny striped aubergines, smaller than a lemon, they were so pretty I wanted to buy some but I do not need any at present.
One thing to be said in favour of social distancing, it stops people crowding you at the tills.

Moira

Postby scullion » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 am

good morning, all.
sunny - another baking day.
herbidacious wrote:definitely don't want to end up with what Uncle in law uncharitably calls 'veggie slop', so not a ratatouille type thing.

if ratatouille is counted as 'veggie slop' bring it on! nothing better with some lovely bread (and good butter). there's probably a word (or more) to describe your uncle in law, herbie, in a similarly dismissive vein.
other than the need to mix up a cake for himself to put in one of the solar cookers (bread pudding was made yesterday - i may have to find room in the freezer for all this baking) there's nothing pressing planned.
pain au raisin and coffee being consumed.
have a grand day, everyone

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 am

Morning all
Lovely here, going to try for an earl(ish) walk

Gradually getting my activity level back to normal

Hope they can do something for the hip Chinch :newhuggy

mistakened wrote:
halfateabag wrote:and then onto the train home at 11ish.

I thought that you were driving or did you hire a left hand drive car?

Moira

The only way of going through Le Tunnel is by train - if you are in a vehicle you drive it onto the train, I did it a couple of times though it was usually more cost effective for me to take the ferry to Dunkerque, cheaper and starting at the right morptorway junction in France

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox