Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby northleedsbhoy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 am

Morning all. Another dreich day today so that limits what I’ll do, I’m glad I went shopping yesterday. The news is either the lockdown in Leicester or pubs opening tomorrow with a bit about schools opening in September. One of the things that they’re speculating about is no social distancing for primary schools and I think there’ll be a bit of unease at that.

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby Suffs » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:01 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
We have a sunny morning again, but rain is forecast for later.

Postby Earthmaiden » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:15 am

Morning all! :wave. I love the word dreich, it sounds exactly what it means.

Bloomin' 'eck Zosh, that's a grand day out and a half in these times!

Rain promised at inconvenient moments throughout the day here.I wonder if pubs will be as popular as they think on Saturday if its pouring with rain. Think I've got GD for the first time in months today, that was the arrangement last time I heard anyway :roll:.

Postby herbidacious » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am

Dull here. Heavy rain forecast.

I really need to do some gardening. I did a little in the rain yesterday, but don't fancy that again. I also need to work, of course.

Husband is in a bad mood. I am feeling low. Work isn't going well regarding the one aspect of work I usually feel confident about. It's like there's a cloud in the house as well as outside :o The cats seem contented at least (although one of them clearly has an iffy tummy judging from the cat litter box contents :? ) Lily is currently at my side purring away.

Doesn't look like my back door is going to happen in time for the weekend, but hopefully he will come and secure it. Otherwise...

Blahhhhh! It will all feel better after the visit to my mother's is done and dusted, I am sure.

Postby mistakened » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:42 am

There are a lot of feral cats around here. Deb is a cat person and feeds them, there a couple of shelter boxes complete with old towels in the garden. I used to help by distributing cat biscuit first thing in the morning but there were so many cats weaving around my feet, at least a dozen that I was afraid of being knocked over and had to refuse to carry on.
A compromise was reached, Deb feeds two cats, the rest take their chance later on with a plastic tray of biscuit. Two cats tried with success to move in, the small black female now called Ruffle can usually be found snoozing in the sitting room. Pye, he is black and white thug uses a kitchen chair, he has also found a way in via my bathroom window.
They are now "official", have their own food bowls and are at the vets being neutered. Most Cypriot vets do a special rate for neutering feral cats.
What Lulu Pug will think of this I do not know but she is used to cats. One of the reasons for neutering Pye is because he was trying to bully Lulu who is three times his size and four times his weight.

No rain expected for three months

Moira

Postby liketocook » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:47 am

Good morning everyone,
"Dreich" is one of my favourite words too EM :D , thankfully it isn't applicable today :D . While it's not sunny or terribly warm it is at least dry and not too grey!
Gardening for me today once I finish my :mug: , I hope to more or less finish the flower planting before the rain returns tomorrow.
Picked my first cucumbers yesterday evening, I'm looking forward to cucumber sandwiches for lunch. :yum After a very slow start, fingers crossed, it looks as though I could get a decent crop from them this year.

Postby herbidacious » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:16 pm

I have 'allytship training' at midday today...

Postby KeenCook2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Morning all, it's just started raining here.
I'm waiting for the AA to start my dead battery and then we'll drive to a friend and pick up a couple of chopping boards she bought me at Ikea before lockdown! She's self-isolating so it'll be a socially distanced handover. I guess I'm going to have to keep the car going on a more regular basis than during the past 3 months :oops:

herbidacious wrote:I have 'allytship training' at midday today...

Am I being dense? I can't imagine what that is!

And in the time it took me to write this it's stopped raining and the sun has come out ....

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Good morning (just)
I have been and had my tootsies attended to for the first time in 4 months at the podiatrists over the road, we also put the world to rights

I think I’ll now tackle Morrison’s, I don’t need a lot, but there are a few things that are annoying me by missing

The weather here is overcast with a chance of showers, we had a few yesterday and it was unpleasantly muggy without being specially warm - ah we have a shower now

Good luck with the ferry Zosh

Postby scullion » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:13 pm

good aftermorning, all.
bright earlier, mizzle-y now.
we went for a walk on the beach early and followed it up with a panini and coffee at the beach cafe (doing our bit to keep them running). it started to drizzle just after we got back in the car and lashed down for a couple of minutes after i'd got indoors - with my partner still in the car.
nothing else planned for today although maybe i'll put some washing on ready for the sunshine later.
i hope you've all been able to make time for a midsummer night's dream before it ends at seven.
have a good day, everyone.

halfateabag wrote:Bonjour Mon amis! Vous été en Epinal en France a ce moment.....

i thought you were going to learn greek rather than trying french! enjoy your break, hope you have a translation app on your phone - just in case.

Postby Seatallan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Zosh, what an exciting trip! Hope al goes well. :wave

I'm not planning much for this afternoon. Ran into town this morning and picked up various bits & pieces. Have since prepped veg for some cucumber pickle (recipe Scully shared yonks ago on the old forum, which I make frequently) and done the washing. Was wet but now clearing so will probably pop out again later for a walk around the local field before settling in for the evening.

Have to confess am very much looking forward to visiting our two local pubs over the weekend.... :D
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby KeenCook2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:21 pm

Arghh ....

Not a good day ...
Had to buy a new car battery as I had failed to keep the 3 year old one going during lockdown. That'll teach me!

Then, set off to collect Ikea chopping boards from friend but traffic so utterly horrendous turned back and took ages even getting home from up the road.

And now just discovered that the new laptop only has titchy USB ports so none of my USB bits and pieces fit ...
Am trying to work out what the ones I need are called but so far a frustrating exercise ...

At least the toasted sarnie for lunch tasted good and I managed not to burn my tongue by waiting for it to cool down :thumbsup

Postby Pampy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Postby KeenCook2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm

Yes thx, that's better than the pages I found. I think I'm going to need a type C to A adapter ...

Postby Jrc123 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Not a great day here either. We have a humongous gas bbq dad bought us before he died, great for entertaining but last week I suggested we just buy a small table top charcoal one for the two of us. It arrived about five days ago and has rained ever since.

Yesterday Bob had to go to one of the properties for about three hours and it was the longest we had been apart since March so I pottered around cooking for the whole time and as a consequence have had to spend most of the day in bed.

I have had the report back from the MRI which isn’t looking great. The physio wanted a copy which is why I requested it. Apart from scoliosis it keeps referring to something that sounds like desiccated in respect off my vertebrae. I haven’t got the report in front of me but I thought that was something to do with coconut. I hope the physiotherapist will find it helpful.

I think it is going to be one of those days you write off and start again tomorrow. Plus sides, I am expecting a gift to send to son in Oz and I am laying on bed unable to move my legs cos moo is laying across them snoring the piggies home. Very weird but I find that very therapeutic. :?

If I am not 100% she will not leave my side. :D

Postby scullion » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Jrc123 wrote:Apart from scoliosis it keeps referring to something that sounds like desiccated in respect off my vertebrae.

dislocated?

Postby Jrc123 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:25 pm

scullion wrote:
Jrc123 wrote:Apart from scoliosis it keeps referring to something that sounds like desiccated in respect off my vertebrae.

dislocated?

They keep referring to my spine. :shock:

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Jrc123 wrote:Apart from scoliosis it keeps referring to something that sounds like desiccated in respect off my vertebrae. They keep referring to my spine. :shock:

Google Desiccated Vertebral disc. .... it gives a good explanation - I thought crumbling, but it mentions dehydration, as in desiccated coconut.

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Dehydration aka dessication leading to the disc getting thinner and less effective as a shock absorber it seems
Worth reading the full thing

Postby Earthmaiden » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 pm

KC2 - what an annoying day. I would have been furious about the USB ports. Everything connected to technology goes out of date so fast I just don't understand how people manage to keep anything important.

jrc - :newhuggy. That sounds so painful, do go at a slower pace!

Totally shattered after having GD for the day for the first time in months. Such energy! I'll save the tidying up for tomorrow. We looked at a tin of old (laundered) handkerchiefs that someone gave me to give to her to play with. She had seen her late grandfather use cloth handkerchiefs but we still had a long conversation about why a lady would have the very flimsy, pretty sort ('for show, not for blow' as my Sunday school teacher used to say). Why indeed?

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox