Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby liketocook » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am

Good morning everyone,
If you find your fit bit is mis recording non-steps try wearing it round your bra/vest strap with the device tucked into your bra/vest next to your skin. I have the opposite problem, as a zimmer user it doesn't always pick up my steps and I found this tip on a forum on the fit bit site. Apparently they don't always pick up if you are pushing something and this was the solution suggested. It seems to work well.
More rain for us for today but fingers crossed it will be dry as forecast tomorrow.
The Greek-style stuffed veg my DIL-to-be made were gorgeous there were loads though so plenty leftover for lunch today. :yum
This afternoon I need to spend some time on out of school club stuff, it is very unclear rules we will be working to from mid-July and when the schools go back so I want to do some number crunching with various scenarios to see how they impact on us. To say whoever produced the guidance we have so far needs a lesson in plain English is an understatement! I've only looked at the first page and have spotted two contradictions already :roll:

Postby KeenCook2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 pm

jrc :newhuggy :newhuggy Try not to overdo it although I can imagine that could be part of your displacement activity to try to stop you from thinking too much.

Sue, sorry you're having the fatigues :newhuggy One of my friends who had Covid not only had recurrences of it once she thought she was over it, but has also had potentially long-term heart issues. She's been monitored doing exercise at the hospital and will be having a cardiac catheterisation when she's completed another 14 days self-isolation.

scullion wrote:do you sleep on your left?
the friend wearing out the swimsuit isn't as bizarre as it would seem - unless she uses 'endurance' type ones, then it would be bizarre.
with ordinary lycra style ones they are usually worn with only a couple of finger's width stretch at the shoulder so that they don't bag in the water. it means that that part of the costume, with less fabric on the upper part, at the back, gets a bit more 'pulling' stress - added to that the stretch across the bum (including the movement due to kicking) and the degradation to any chlorination it is a weaker point on the costume - as is the stretch across the bust. it's often the reason for club swimmers to wear double costumes.

Yes, I do sleep on my left side, that would explain it. Interesting about the swimsuit thing, but entirely logical when you explain it! I will tell said friend :lol: It never ceases to amaze me what accumulated knowledge we have on here :thumbsup

I got an email and a text from John Lewis/DHL saying that my laptop is arriving today between 17.46 and 18.46. That's incrediby fast given that I only ordered it on Monday evening.

Have a good day everyone, dry atm but apparently rain promised later. Avocado and salad for lunch, not sure about supper yet. Possibly roast cauliflower with tahini and lemon dressing ...

Postby herbidacious » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Morning.

Not very focussed this moring, but have had a useful meeting. Tentatively looking at the possiblity of going ot our house in France in September. Also possibly an overnighter to the place we stayed in in upper Normandy last Deccember a bit sooner. Maybe. (re the latter. Definitely re our hosue in France if we can.)

Husband wants to go to the hosue sooner, but I can't really leave all my plants... he can go on his own ;)

Back to salvias, I have had one which had thrived in the rubbish soil of the front garden for the last few years. Three new ones this year planted out the back. I had better double check their hardiness. I was going to have a go at taking cuttings. I already took one accidentally (knocked some stems off while planting out and put im water. One has worked and is doing well.)

edit: eek two of them are tender perennials. Is digging up the only solution?

Question is, can I remember which is which? I *think* so...

Postby Earthmaiden » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm

I've just had a surprise. A letter from what used to be the Inland Revenue saying I have paid too much tax!

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:58 pm

liketocook wrote:f you find your fit bit is mis recording non-steps try wearing it round your bra/vest strap with the device tucked into your bra/vest next to your skin

I’ll give that a try - that will solve two other issues, which are that I don’t really like having it on my right wrist when my “proper” watch it on my left, and I’m worried about getting it wet when I wash my hands as it’s definitely not water resistant
Just need to work out how to attach it, as this strap is too stiff and bulky

Postby Pampy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Lusciouslush wrote:Only if you have a tall board Pampy - & wide - I'm a Tall Lush & the back aches on 'bendy' small ones - plus I need a good bottle of red to keep me plus the ironing company.…………….. :D 'Tis true..........!!!!

Can't do the board but definitely the vino! Nuits St Georges do you?

Postby liketocook » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:41 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:
liketocook wrote:f you find your fit bit is mis recording non-steps try wearing it round your bra/vest strap with the device tucked into your bra/vest next to your skin

I’ll give that a try - that will solve two other issues, which are that I don’t really like having it on my right wrist when my “proper” watch it on my left, and I’m worried about getting it wet when I wash my hands as it’s definitely not water resistant
Just need to work out how to attach it, as this strap is too stiff and bulky

My strap is quite stiff too, I just fasten it round the bra strap on the tightest notch and tuck the device in top of my bra IFYSWIM. It's quite loose and does twist round sometimes but not at all uncomfortable. The recommended that you use your heart side so you might need to change your account settings if you do that.

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Pampy wrote:Can't do the board but definitely the vino! Nuits St Georges do you?

Nuits will do very nicely Pampy :thumbsup
Just don't ask me to iron those teeny thongs you like to wear......! :roll:

Postby icelesley » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Good Afternoon Campers. The sun has come out :klingonbanana so I guess the weeds will shoot up again :roll: Now who mentioned wine :wino :wino ;)

Postby Seatallan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm

:D :thumbsup :wino :wino

Healing hugs to all the Wildies requiring them.... :newhuggy :newhuggy
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby KeenCook2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Wow, my computer has just arrived - several hours earlier than expected!!

Postby Suffs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:I've just had a surprise. A letter from what used to be the Inland Revenue saying I have paid too much tax!

Do they want all your bank details so they can pay you?

Think I would ask them to send me a cheque ;)

Postby Loulou » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Suffs wrote:
Earthmaiden wrote:I've just had a surprise. A letter from what used to be the Inland Revenue saying I have paid too much tax!

Do they want all your bank details so they can pay you?

Think I would ask them to send me a cheque ;)

This happened to me. I just left it and a few weeks later they did send me a cheque!

Postby Earthmaiden » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Suffs wrote:Do they want all your bank details so they can pay you?

:lol: no, it's genuine. I shall await the cheque.

How exciting to have your new computer, KC2!

Had a lovely 4 mile walk this afternoon - a different local walk yet again! Afterwards I filled the car with petrol for the first time since early March. Very impressed with the setup, they had plastic bags to put over hands like gloves and sanitiser inside the shop.

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 pm

And the fuel is cheaper than it was back then EM! :clap :clap :clap

Postby icelesley » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Good evening campers would you believe had princess Diana lived she would be 59 today, how time flies. It’s raining, surprise surprise. :roll:

Postby aero280 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 pm

There is an HMRC website where you can transfer your refund to your bank, but if you ignore it, they send you a cheque about a month later.

I tried the website but it wouldn't work for me.

Postby halfateabag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:33 am

Bonjour Mon amis! Vous été en Epinal en France a ce moment..... But onwards towards Austria today which will be the testing point as far as entry is concerned. We both tested negative for CV before leaving UK and should stand us in good stead for entry into some concerned countries but time will tell. We have NHS proof with us so fingers crossed.

We 'think' we will drive rather than ferry the Italy portion as we don't know if they are full, running, not running. Only need the ferry from Piraeus to Rhodes and hopefully that will have space when we need it.

Postby mistakened » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 am

Good Morning Campers, guess who over slept?
It is going to be a long journey Zosh, I hope that you packed sandwiches and a flask :lol:

Moira

Postby icelesley » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:20 am

Good Morning campers. Shopping morning today, I will be there and back by 9am :thumbsup then there is a stack of washing to do, it's raining, surprise, surprise :roll: so it will be a tumble drier job.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox