Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby nursemimi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you for all the good wishes!
I do have a pulse ox so I am keeping a watch on my oxygen
Levels
Not feeling to horrible this morning but sure
Don’t have any energy!

Postby Pampy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:25 pm

So sorry you've caught the virus Mimi - hope you'll soon be feeling much better. It breaks my heart to hear of frontline staff contracting Covid-19 - you all put so much on the line for us. :newhuggy
EM - agree with your sentiments completely - not only am I a grumpy old woman but also "disgusted of Lancashire"! :lol:

Postby Busybee » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:57 pm

Sending you all good wishes for a speedy recovery Mimi.

Very windy today, but we braved a run out to the beach and a breezy walk around the rock pools at low tide. We go fairly early, had fish and chips for lunch and were back home for twoish. Only disaster was that I dropped and smashed our big flask which accompanies us on long dog walks. I’m really cross with myself as it was sheer clumsyness on my part. Have ordered a replacement on amazon as we need a replacement for wednesdays picnic to Bolton Abbey - we are meeting cousins for a walk along The Strid. When did good flasks become so expensive?

BB

Postby halfateabag » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Mimi, hope 'it' does not hit you too hard ! Recover soon !

Today we drove from Serres (near the border) to Chalcis (north of Athens) and managed to find a room (it's a busy resort) Walked round the 'front' had a drink (still on the waggon) and now chilling' before supper. Probably fish because we have had so much pork recently we need a change.

Tomorrow we will leave late to arrive in Piraeus around 4pm to try and complete the CV form that would not download onto the computer. Boat leaves at 6pm to arrive in Rodos at 9 ish on Tuesday. Then on to my (fingers crossed) villa.

Yes, it is one helluva journey but the Skoda Kodiaq is coping admirably and is a comfy ride.

Yes, I read the Stanley Johnston article. The Greek border chaps are more bothered about the fact that we are leaving the EU than the CV situation. Although they were randomly checking for CV at the border.

And our weather...... sorry peeps..............36 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze :thumbsup :thumbsup

Postby Seatallan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Busybee wrote:Sending you all good wishes for a speedy recovery Mimi.

Very windy today, but we braved a run out to the beach and a breezy walk around the rock pools at low tide. We go fairly early, had fish and chips for lunch and were back home for twoish. Only disaster was that I dropped and smashed our big flask which accompanies us on long dog walks. I’m really cross with myself as it was sheer clumsyness on my part. Have ordered a replacement on amazon as we need a replacement for wednesdays picnic to Bolton Abbey - we are meeting cousins for a walk along The Strid. When did good flasks become so expensive?

BB

Sorry about the flask BB, but your day (and your planned day at Bolton Abbey) sounds lovely. :thumbsup

Zosh, glad to hear all is going well!
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby halfateabag » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Thanks Sea, yesterday seems like a distant nightmare, it really was nearly 'turn back' time. I have to take my hat off to Husband, he was most diplomatic. It was obviously highly irritating for us to return to their office and then to 'kindly' suggest that we knew more than them and would they possibly like to check their details.... Phew! a close call. I did suggest to the border guard, that it might be a good idea to share the information that we had brought to their attention, with their other colleagues.....?

Challenging times, with so many details changing all the time, they had lever arch after lever arch full of updates..... it's no wonder they are frustrated....... And with so many border points closed, everything was being funnelled into this one place and everyone was cross, very hot and dispairing of the huge delay in crossing the border. The truck queue was over 5 kms long......

Postby mistakened » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Same temperature here, Zosh. Plus you have arrived in Chalchis at the weekend, never mind a good fish supper and Greek Salad will do wonders. When you are out tomorrow look for local cherries and apricots.

Ryanair have restarted flights from the UK Hurrah :!: :!: :!:

Moira

Postby karadekoolaid » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Take care and rest, Mimi! This virus is truly horrible and it seems that no-one knows what route it will take.
Well the weather is boring here, as it has been all week. 26-28°C, sunshine, a few clouds 8-) 8-)

Scullion - I read the news about Kanye West. After I had picked myself up off the floor, I just wondered what gets into people´s minds about "running for President". I suppose the British equivalent might be Katie Price running for PM.
Still, they´ve already got Trump, so what´s new...

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Have you forgotten Screaming Lord Sutch's Monster Raving Loony Party? They might do better than the current incumbents.

Postby KeenCook2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:53 pm

karadekoolaid wrote:
Scullion - I read the news about Kanye West. After I had picked myself up off the floor, I just wondered what gets into people´s minds about "running for President". I suppose the British equivalent might be Katie Price running for PM.
Still, they´ve already got Trump, so what´s new...

It was suggested on the news that he might be standing to attract younger, black voters away from Biden.

I'll change the subject away from politics :lol:

Had a headache again today, seems to be happening quite regularly on a Sunday, am beginning to wonder if the alendronic acid I take every Sunday for osteoporosis might have started to cause headaches - I've been on it for nearly 4 years now so perhaps my system is saying 'enough is enough' - in combination with a host of other meds ....

Postby herbidacious » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:54 pm

Sorry nursemimi. I was on my iPad earlier and didn't see your post. I do hope you feel better soon.

Postby Suffs » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:06 pm

We are home from a lovely day spent at gardening friends’ new place. We had a car problem and only just got there, but the nice man from the AA fixed it while we drank coffee and ate scones ... the sun shone and the company was congenial and hopefully we didn’t outstay our welcome. 8-)

Postby icelesley » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:17 pm

Good evening campers Mimi please look after yourself, I know you will, but we all need to be so careful these days. :newhuggy :newhuggy OH is watching footie so i have had a shower and am now sat up in bed watching scorpion and chatting on here using a iPad, my most hated product :twisted: my other computer is downstairs, so this is better than nothing..... I suppose. It is so windy here and raining yet again :roll:

Postby Pampy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:51 pm

karadekoolaid wrote:I suppose the British equivalent might be Katie Price running for PM.

In her yoof, she did declare that she would stand for election as an MP! :lol: :lol:

Postby mistakened » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:16 am

Good Morning Campers, another hot one. Deb has an eye appointment this morning so I will shop at the big supermarket whilst she is there. I need exciting things like bin bags.

Moira

Postby Suffs » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Thankfully the wind has dropped ... it was very swirly and gusty yesterday ... I don’t think there’s any real damage in the garden but some of the climbers, and the beans and tomatoes may need some tieing in. I really must sow the gorgeous lupin seeds I ordered from Chilterns for next year.
There’s a green pepper and some celery in the fridge to be used up, so tonight’s supper will be a chilli ... I put some haricot beans to soak yesterday as we don’t have any kidney beans. I also need to make some soup for OHs flask as he’s working long days on Tuesday and Wednesday ... it may be carrot and coriander ...

Postby Jrc123 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:36 am

Gentle hugs to Mimi.

I decided to put moo on a longer lead yesterday. Bad move. It was high tide and I decided to let her into the sea. She has never learned to swim. :?

The sea was a lot livelier than I had anticipated and we were splashing around at the edge. Having lived at the sea all my life I should have known better.

I had flip flops on and when the seventh wave came I had my back to the water and suddenly my shorts were soaked (as was my underwear) and I managed to break my flip flop.

I had to struggle all the way up the beach, bare foot ( we have very sharp shingle ) and walk home bare foot clutching at my waterlogged shorts trying to hold them up.

:oops: :evil: :oops:

Postby northleedsbhoy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:37 am

Morning all, Mimi sending you :newhuggy take care. I’m going to the club today and it’ll be my first drink for over 15 weeks so I don’t expect I’ll have too many otherwise......well you know what I mean :lol:.

For the first time ever I have done an online shop, I wanted to earlier on in lockdown but couldn’t get a slot for love nor money. I’ll check out the use by dates etc and if they’re okay I might continue with them as I can’t see me going back to my daily shopping routine any time soon. Take care.

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby icelesley » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:09 am

Good Morning campers. JRC :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: It's just started raining :roll:

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:03 am

Morning all! :wave

jrc - you are supposed to be nurturing yourself :? :lol:.

Moira, you've reminded me that Specsavers have reminded me that they're open and I'm due for a test. I think I'd prefer to wait a few weeks for that and the hairdresser to calm down a bit. It'll still be the chiropodist first, I think mine may have taken the lockdown opportunity to retire, it was on the cards.

Enjoy your drink NLB! I hope that the social experience is still reasonable. I have found that online shopping is very good for not buying tempting things and good for not deviating from plans and making do. It's annoying if you forget something important and a huge treat if you visit a shop occasionally. It felt strange going to Waitrose the other day and having so much visual choice.

The sun's out. Ongoing chores and a walk will be the main events of the day here.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox