Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby nursemimi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:52 am

evening all just a quick check in I have been rather poorly this week and I just got my test results.
It seem that as careful as I have been it wasn't enough I have Covid. So far just a fever lots of body aches
and nausea no respiratory issues but I am quarantined for at least 2 weeks I have to track my temp and symptoms for work twice a day. What a mess.

Postby Suffs » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:11 am

Oh Mimi I’m so sorry to hear that ... do take lots of rest and get well soon. :newhuggy
Do you have an oxygen saturation monitor at home?

Good morning campers :D :mug:
Overcast and blustery here this morning ...we are due at a gardening friend’s for coffee later this morning ... the plan was that we would sit in the garden ... we may have to sit well spaced out in their cottage if the weather carries on like this, which it probably will. They’ll be the first people I’ve seen other than neighbours and passers by, since early March ...

Postby mistakened » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:00 am

Good Morning Campers.
Mimi, I hope that you recover soon.
Zosh, I knew that the Greek Immigration dept did not stand a chance against you. At least there is something to see in Athens :D

Moira

Postby icelesley » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 am

Good Morning campers. Mimi take care, I hoped you only have a mild case :newhuggy :newhuggy
The Sun is out, it's stopped raining (wisperingsmiley) . :D Not much to do today, a quick vac round and a couple of tops and trousers to iron and that is it. :D :D

Postby dennispc » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:27 am

Blimey halfateabag that's some journey. Friends of a daughter moved to Symi - she found a thickish brown envelope made life easier.

We flew into Rhodes last year, had a lovely lunch at a Best Western Hotel before catching an afternoon ferry to Symi. Ferry Port was happily chaotic. Lorries, cars, taxis and people all over the place. The system seemed to be, let the taxi find you. :D

Postby herbidacious » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:09 am

Morning all. Bright and breezy in Derbyshire.

Postby mistakened » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:30 am

dennispc wrote:she found a thickish brown envelope made life easier.
there is a similar system in Cyprus

Life continues to return to normal here. Deb's Monday group will be meeting, it will actually be on Tuesday because a couple of them have doctor's appointments on Monday. They will be less one person, one of the ladies fell, hit her head and never recovered consciousness.
There was the usual queue when I bought the Sunday paper, there was even the usual inflatable alligator in the queue :o
Our local taverna was being dressed up for their usual Sunday private function, judging by the amount of pink it is a christening party.
And as usual the humidity is rising :cry:

Moira

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:46 am

Good morning

Sorry you’ve got it nursemimi, it’s not fun, but I got away with very few respiratory symptoms so at least it hasn’t knocked out my lungs long term and sounds like this might apply to you too. Take care and rest

We have sun, clouds and wind here, so will go for a walk soon. I’ve had to put my fitness monitor back on my wrist, it seems it doesn’t register properly worn on my chest.

Next door have already had brunch delivered perhaps I’ll have another coffee and a piece of toast. The coffee machine is playing up again

Postby Amyw » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:51 am

Get well soon mimi :newhuggy

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Morning all! :wave

Mimi - :newhuggy. So sorry to read you've contracted the virus. I do hope it will be relatively mild without too many long-term effects.

Pleased for Zosh that they have braved the journey but furious at what they encountered. Little regard for Covid19 but a horrible taste of what to expect from Brexit. I don't care who knows that I voted to remain and am horrified that all the chances to leave amicably are slipping away whilst our 'friend' Trump gets scarier by the minute :evil:.

Apparently we have learned in the past 24 hours that it is now crystal clear that drunk people find social distancing a difficult concept to grasp. Who'd have thought it?

I think I might be in Grumpy Old Woman mode this morning. Grey sky again too - bah humbug. :lol: :lol:

Postby liketocook » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Good morning everyone,
Get well soon Mimi :newhuggy
It's howling with wind and lashing with rain here. It's blooming chilly too, I think nobody told the weather that it is supposed to be summer! Thankfully it's supposed to be a dryer day tomorrow when some of the local beer gardens will be reopening. I can't see them being busy and mainly you have to book a table in advance and only stay a three hours which should minimise drunken behaviour. As it's outdoors they need to be closed by 10pm.
I've not planned for today, I'll potter in the kitchen this afternoon listening to the radio and probably do a bit more accounting for the out of school club.

Postby KeenCook2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:Morning all! :wave

Mimi - :newhuggy. So sorry to read you've contracted the virus. I do hope it will be relatively mild without too many long-term effects.

Pleased for Zosh that they have braved the journey but furious at what they encountered. Little regard for Covid19 but a horrible taste of what to expect from Brexit. I don't care who knows that I voted to remain and am horrified that all the chances to leave amicably are slipping away whilst our 'friend' Trump gets scarier by the minute :evil:.

Apparently we have learned in the past 24 hours that it is now crystal clear that drunk people find social distancing a difficult concept to grasp. Who'd have thought it?

I think I might be in Grumpy Old Woman mode this morning. Grey sky again too - bah humbug. :lol: :lol:

I'll echo everything you've said, EM! I guess I'm in grumpy old woman mode today as well :lol:

Glad you've made it safely to Derbyshire, Herbi, hope you had a good drive.

Our fireplace is brightened up with a huge bunch of gorgeous sunflowers OH got first thing this morning when he popped out to Waitrose to get our free Observer :thumbsup

Have a good day, everyone.

Postby scullion » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:07 pm

good morning, all.
bright now and windy.
i have been looking at local webcams. there seem to be a lot of podgier people around - lockdown has not been kind to many.
gone are the empty views of st ives and portreath etc. at least many of them have bought a cup of coffee for their slow wander round the harbour.
we may possibly revert to our usual summer mode of not going to the beach.
i hope you feel better soon, mimi, it's doubly tough when health staff catch it.
i am wondering how treliske will cope with the next wave - which will come if what we've seen in the last day or so is any indication.
but hey - good news! kanye west is going to run for potus! nothing bad could come of letting a celebrity have a go - could it?...
have a grand day, everyone.

Postby dennispc » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:25 pm

I suppose scullion, with our planning laws being relaxed, allegedly, the buyer of the outstanding property will be able to get his way.

Postby scullion » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:38 pm

i would very much doubt it.
they have obviously realised the futility of the project by putting it up for sale and anyone else, if they have sense, will check all of the planning documentation and decisions before putting down their bargepole.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:55 pm

scullion wrote:but hey - good news! kanye west is going to run for potus! nothing bad could come of letting a celebrity have a go - could it?...

It might be an improvement ..

Postby Sloe-Gin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:01 pm

I have been trying to catch up a bit, but, my word, you're very chatty!
Sorry to hear that Mimi is sick - hope you ake a full and swift recovery.

I have been involved in a protracted argumnt with my car insurance and it is now the subject of a formal coplaint. I have felt quite ill over it.

But our new summer house arrived this week and hub and neighbour are erecting it on the deck by the stream. Lockdown will be easing a bit in Wales from tomorrow and we can finally go further than 5 miles. I hope we learn from the scenes in pubs yesterday, for when ours open on the 13th.

Stay safe everyone

Postby Seatallan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Oh Mimi, poor you. Healing vibes heading your way. :newhuggy :newhuggy

We very much enjoyed a pint in the beer garden of our village pub yesterday. Everyone was well-behaved and all was extremely well done. We've booked in at our other local pub for a drink later this afternoon so we can see what the procedure is there too. I expect we'll sit in the beer garden unless it is very wet.

My weekly Sunday run takes me to the little shop at local holiday park, who kindly hold back a Sunday paper for me. It was quite a shock to the system to see all the caravans/log cabins occupied again. It's been just us locals and the couple who run the shop/restaurant since March (plus a few self-isolaters and key workers who were allowed to decamp to the site). Again, everyone was behaving well in relation to social distancing so hopefully that's a sign of things to come around here.
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Sorry to hear your news Mimi. I hope you recover quickly.

Sea, I wish all the caravans that mysteriously appeared in our side road at the begining of lockdown would go back from whence they came.

I have to take my iPad to the Apple Store this afternoon. The battery is failing and runs down within an hour. Younger son and ex Apple Genius booked the slot for me - 4.30 pm at Brent Cross Shopping Centre. I am full of trepidation, not about the Apple store but about the centre. The alternatives were Regent Street on Tuesday or Watford in 10 days time.

Postby Seatallan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Good luck PP- I'm sure it'll be OK. I can quite understand why you're nervous however. I think it is going to be a long time before anyone sensible feels sanguine about leaving immediate safe zones especially anyone vulnerable, or with vulnerable relatives to consider. It all has such a long way to run still doesn't it?

I also hope your mysterious caravans depart soon....
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox