Register

Wildfood campsite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wildfood campsite

Postby icelesley » Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 am

Good Morning campers. The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's going to be another scorcher :thumbsup
:thumbsup :thumbsup good luck Herbie.
Last edited by icelesley on Tue May 26, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby smitch » Tue May 26, 2020 9:02 am

Good luck for this afternoon, herbi. Thinking of you.

I’m at the doctor this morning for my B12 lesson. Feeling a bit nervous but keep telling myself loads of people self inject for various reasons.

Had a migraine yesterday and Sunday and still not feeling great today. I have a full day if Zoom meetings which is really not what I want.

Nelly seems to have taken a turn for the worse too, yesterday she stopped using her hands to hold food, which is another symptom of a pituitary tumour rather than an ear infection :cry: Need to ring the vets later for some advice.

Postby Suffs » Tue May 26, 2020 9:13 am

Good morning campers :wave

Thinking of Herbi today :newhuggy
Smitch too :newhuggy

Looks as if it was grim down on the North Cornwall coast yesterday Scully ... those poor lifeboat crews ... horrendous.
What idiots there are about. :x :cry:

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 am

Thanks all. The appointment is at 1.40pm so will need some serious distractions. I am supposed to be working, of course...

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am

Pepper Pig wrote:Yes, good luck Herbi.

My friend Kay who is restoring a walled garden in Harefield opposite Patsy’s had to call in the beekeepers today to collect a swarm which had settled on one of her taller plants. I’m afraid that would have finished me!

Oooh, daughter was close by there in the churchyard yesterday afternoon .. she missed all the excitement :o :roll: :thumbsup

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue May 26, 2020 10:32 am

Morning all! :wave. The plan today was to leap out of bed early and go for a walk before it warmed up outside. Not quite on track but nearly, the sun was shining directly on me and very hot when I popped into the garden at 8am.

I'll be in your handbag too Herbi, I think you may find it quite a relief to be able to share your worries with a professional and you can look forward to your nice garden afterwards. Had you been at work you'd have had to take quite a few hours off for the appointment - so you can anyway ;).

Thoughts too for all people and pets that need them. I hope that Binky is doing alright, I haven't seen her post.

1/2 teabag :crossed :crossed! I'm not sure how the housing market is doing with all the uncertainty re the economy but I'm sure you'll have happy news!

I think you do need a little expertise to cope with a swarm. I'd be on the phone to an amazing bee lady that I know!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue May 26, 2020 10:33 am

herbidacious wrote:Thanks all. The appointment is at 1.40pm so will need some serious distractions. I am supposed to be working, of course...

Everything crossed for you .. and if you want something to do, just keep talking on here... I'm sure we can keep you occupied ;) :limbobanana :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:
Pepper Pig wrote:Yes, good luck Herbi.

My friend Kay who is restoring a walled garden in Harefield opposite Patsy’s had to call in the beekeepers today to collect a swarm which had settled on one of her taller plants. I’m afraid that would have finished me!

Oooh, daughter was close by there in the churchyard yesterday afternoon .. she missed all the excitement :o :roll: :thumbsup

If you do Instagram Pat there's a video of the beekeeper collecting the swarm. It will probably make it to their website at some point!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

thanks PP... I will search out and show daughter :thumbsup

Postby smitch » Tue May 26, 2020 10:53 am

Back from my B12 lesson, it was super easy and hurt less than usual! I'm now equipped with a sharps bin, syringes and needles. The B12 will be on repeat at my local pharmacy :thumbsup

I did say it would probably be easier for me to continue to self inject rather than go to the surgery once things are back to 'normal' as I usually have to take time off work to attend. Will see what happens but the nurse did say they were happy for people to do that.

I've managed to cancel one of my meetings so just four to attend now :roll:

Postby scullion » Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am

good morning, all.
sunny (last night it predicted overcast but that's been moved til later)

Suffs wrote:Looks as if it was grim down on the North Cornwall coast yesterday Scully ... those poor lifeboat crews ... horrendous.
What idiots there are about.

just had a look (hadn't heard it on the news). yes, plenty of idiots on the beach at the best of times.
they had to walk past the signs saying that there were no lifeguards and don't go in the water, they could see that the lifeguard huts were closed and that the quads and equipment weren't on the beach. people always overestimate their ability but rarely do their homework and as for trying to lay blame on the rnli is madness, an abrogation of their own responsibility.
i don't know if it's still the case but quite a few of the lifeguards around here used to come over from australia for our summer when the australian season stopped. how would the rnli suddenly be able to recruit and train new lifeguards during lockdown‽‽‽
many years ago we used to do the beach patrols (voluntarily) at the weekend, with the slsc, when the council paid lifeguards weren't on so i know that rescuing people is definitely not safe for the rescuer. apart from the resuscitation contact problems, people who think they are drowning are a physical problem, too. they try to climb up the rescuer in the water and try to climb onto a rescue board in a dangerous way among other things. lifeguards are taught all the ways to avoid harm to themselves during a rescue and as a last resort we were told to knock the person out!
and you would not believe the amount of people who take alcohol to the beach and then go in the water.
local kids are usually taught beach safety from a young age. i think it should be taught in all schools. lots of people go to the beach from inland and upcountry every year and they're the ones who usually get into trouble - and are probably the ones who are getting shirty about our locals not being there to rescue them. morons.

rant over.

i'm heading out later to pick up some eggs from the farm and deciding whether i need to get anything else while i'm out. maybe milk - which may also include a tub of clotted from the same shelf. a little cream tea in the afternoon has definitely featured as a lockdown treat here.
coffee is on its way.
have a great day, everyone.

Postby liketocook » Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am

Good morning everyone,
I hope all goes well herbi
Bright and warm here this morning, it ended up raining yesterday so I'm hoping it stays dry today.
I've got a slight Meniere's flare up which knocks my balance off so I'm moving very carefully to avoid falling, I think it will be mainly seated garden stuff for me today until it settles.
I've a Tesco order due soon, mainly fresh and cupboard bits as with my son here we seem to be rattling through milk, bread and coffee at an alarming rate!
Squid fried rice for dinner tonight :yum

Postby mistakened » Tue May 26, 2020 11:31 am

Back from Limassol, I bought some lovely, ripe local apricots, we shall have them for supper. Cherries are still expensive and likely to remain so, there was a major hailstorm up in the mountains on Sunday, it badly damaged some of the cherry trees. We just had strong winds here.
I am booked in for a pedicure after lunch, I shall discover how E survived by herself, her husband is away working at present. The visit to Kolossi will enable me to check whether the Fish & chip shop is serving food, their takeaway carried on as usual during the lockdown.

Moira

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks again, everyone. Anxiety now cranked up to a 9 out of 10 having managed to keep it down to 7 for most of hte morning. I think it's largely irrational to be worried about the appointment, but I can't help it. I suppose it's partly what it symbolizes.
I am taking a portable charger for my phone... I should send a link this site to it. Hope I can remember my password.

Smitch that's good news re the injections. I was also thinking that about GP appointment phone calls when the surgeries open up a lot. It takes out almost half a day when I go, often for just a 2 minute consultation.

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Well, naturally I can't remember my password. I mean yesterday I was refrring to the lawnmower as a sewing machine, so no hope...

Trying a reset.

Postby scullion » Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 pm

herbidacious wrote:I think it's largely irrational to be worried about the appointment, but I can't help it. I suppose it's partly what it symbolizes.

the first time i had a lump i was 16 and it frightened me witless until i got to the doctors. fortunately it (and subsequent ones) have only been cysts (still painful but relieved when drained).
the anticipation is, more often than not, worse than the knowing. i'm sure many of us know how you are feeling.

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 26, 2020 12:09 pm

It's not a lump, which either means it's nothing or something rather serious. But yes, I know a lot of people have been through this, and beyond. I had a referral for a skin thing a few years back. I don't remember being this worried. Lockdown probably exacerbates it. But I am prone to health anxiety, and the rational part of my brain has never had enough sway over the irrational (primitive) part.

Postby Pampy » Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 pm

Herbi - don't feel that you have to explain how you're feeling, just do whatever helps you the most. We all react in our own way to things that life chucks at us. But do know that there's lots and lots of positive vibes coming your way from people on here and I'm sure that there'll be a collective :crossed at 1.40.

Smitch - glad things went well with the injection class. Poor Nelly - hope the vet can give you some encouraging news.
Last edited by Pampy on Tue May 26, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Good morning
Herbi, It’s waiting for “the verdict” that winds one up I think, it’s a real life version of that moment on a tv competition like Great British Menu where they flicker round the worried faces and they play scary music. I usually find it’s ok when I’m in the thick of it

Quite overcast here now but still very warm

Postby scullion » Tue May 26, 2020 12:40 pm

i meant to say that some of the deeper cysts couldn't be felt as lumps, just a tense, uncomfortable, swollen boob.
be prepared for the shock of cold ky jelly - i think they stopped warming it due to decreased shelf life!
big hug.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox