Register

The hairy bikers chocolate Challenge

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

The hairy bikers chocolate Challenge

Postby mark111757 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Check your local listings as times will vary on Wednesday nights. Also available on my5 and the download circuit.

I liked what I saw. Was strange to see the bikers on a commercial station. There was a different air about it than the BBC stuff. Can't wait for more.

Re: The hairy bikers chocolate Challenge

Postby Renee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:25 am

A chocolate based sculpture?? I was born in Blackpool, so would have to make a sculpture of Blackpool Tower, scaled right down, of course!

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am

I watched this last week out of curiosity, and loved it. I agree with Mark though, it was strange to see them on a commercial channel.

Postby jeral » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Renee wrote:A chocolate based sculpture?? I was born in Blackpool, so would have to make a sculpture of Blackpool Tower, scaled right down, of course!
<- Easier than a filigree replica of the Big Dipper ;)

Looking forward to watching if they do make models from chocolate. Some structures on US TV progs are based on coated rice crispies for bulk which is barely edible so cheating to me.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 pm

I wonder if the producers saw the programme a few months back that tackled it from the other end, with top chefs making embarrassing versions of famous sweeties.

I'm 100 percent sure the chocolate manufacturers know their market better than any craft chocolatier, and that introducing a new bar through normal channels would represent many months of R&D, not a few days of brainstorming.

Or maybe it's a short term thing, and the fact that it's featured on the programme is hoped to promote sales. I thought for a moment it might be a posh chocolate company (Hotel Chocolat?), but if it's those two spearheading it I would imagine it's a more down market brand...

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox