Register

Valentines Plans

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Valentines Plans

Postby Renee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 am

Gill that is so sad about the card after all your efforts. :( I would buy him one next year!!

Colin lives at the other end of the country, so we just exchange cards.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:23 am

Nice one, Binky's OH. Hope you'll feel a bit more perky soon.

I've printed out 5 cards, so there will be some confused family members too on their birthdays.
Of course I can see the image very clearly myself.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 pm

It doesn't make sense to me, especially as I usually make my own cards for people that matter, but I find some people prefer a shop-bought card to homemade.

Postby jeral » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Re cards, could you paint a vase motif and "For the flower" on the inside cover?

A friend really enjoys making homemade cards, so I reciprocate in kind; inspiration and execution takes me forever.

Incidentally, you can buy guillotine-type paper slicers now that can cut a wavy edge or perforated lines as well as straight cut. Surprisingly perhaps scalpels are on Amazon for fiddly shapes. An Etsy vendor has lovely thin brass stencils for alphabet letters, e.g. art deco, and ivy stems etc for card makers, which are beautiful in themselves if you're a tool nerd.

Postby Otterspocket » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:11 pm

We went to our favourite local restaurant which has just been put up for sale unfortunately for us !

3 courses for £28 plus a rose and some heart shaped chocs

I had aranchini filled with bolognese

Cod in a seafood broth , mussels , prawns alongside saffron potatoes and purple broccoli

White choc creme brûlée , heart shaped shortbread and a rather nice strawberry compote

Didn’t like the wine I ordered so drinks were a peroni and an espresso martini. We were out of the house less than 2 hrs

Postby dennispc » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:37 pm

That cod sounds good.

Binky, sorry to hear that, but what hubby did was worth a lot more than flowers, cards and chocolate.

Gill did you take a photo of the card?

Pouring with rain Thursday morning, had coffee at our local hotel. Decided to have a meal together that evening, the place isn’t far and on the well lit. main road.

Lovely meal, OH had a chicken dish, I had lamb, really delicious and veg was just the right side of crunchy.

Did a bit of pre-valentine reminiscing - she remembers me cooking a chicken and presenting her with a chicken salad. Apart from her Mum, that was the first meal anyone had ever cooked for her.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox