Register

Naughtiest Desserts

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Naughtiest Desserts

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:22 am

I can´t for the life of me remember his name, but there was a French chocolatier on the Spanish version of masterChef who made the most outrageous chocolate dessert.
It was something like:
A white chocolate sphere, filled with dark chocolate ganache, orange liqueur and vanilla mousse. Then there were chocolate truffles with champagne, and passion fruit flavoured bonbons. All covered with beautifully crafted chocolate leaves and sugared lime zest.
Something like that.
Definitely an alternative to bread and butter pudding!

Postby scullion » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm

karadekoolaid wrote: A white chocolate sphere,

my initial mental picture was of a football sized sphere. it took quite a while for me to bully my brain into thinking that this was a normal sized dessert - the sense of disappointment was ridiculous.
if it had been a football sized one i may have considered sharing it with my partner (or maybe not)...

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:52 pm

That reminded me of a Christmas do with some foodieish friends a long, long time ago (it was coincidentally the first time I'd ever had goose...), when I brought along a Marco Pierre White chocolate terrine dessert that I'd lovingly prepared.

I don't recall which recipe it was (looking at my Marco books it may have been Chocolate Marquise), all I remember is that it was incredibly unctuously rich. Unfortunately after a huge Christmas meal it went down like a lead balloon!

Postby Pampy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Definitely healthy then KK - it's got 3 of your 5-a-day (orange, passion fruit and lime)!

Postby Wic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:51 pm

OK, KK, it was sounding wonderful till you got to the Passion Fruit, which does nothing for me, however, the rest was divine!

We don’t do puds much, I think we must have grown out of them, but though it’s not terribly overdoing it, in the Mince Pie season we always have a tub of clotted cream. You heat a Mince Pie and add the cream. Ooooh. T'is rather good.

Postby karadekoolaid » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Curious that, Wic. I was doing an event last night and a journalist friend ( who I thought ate anything and everything)said the same about passion fruit.
What rocks the boat for some, sinks it for others!

Postby Amyw » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:33 pm

This was a very naughty dessert I made last night when I had friends over - raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. Was a definite hit and the tartness of the raspberries worked well with the cheesecake

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow! My naughtiness was making a batch of banana cake muffins (including some banana liqueur left over from a Canaries holiday in 2005).

I scoffed the lot, but realising how much sugar I'd put in them I checked what the recommended daily sugar maximum was, and hadn't realised how low it is. Only 22g for a child!!! I use more than that in tea and coffee, before I even start thinking of cakes and biscuits.

On the Passion Fruit front, a friend posted this piccy he took of a passion fruit flower on Facebook, quite an intriguing beast, looks like someone's photoshopped five flowers together!

http://www.sakkarin.co.uk/foodforumpix/ ... flower.jpg

Postby scullion » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm

it looks more like passiflora caerulea than edulis (the passion fruit sold in shops). i'm pretty sure you can eat the fruit of caerulea but it's not as nice as that of edulis or the granadilla ones.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:36 pm

In which case I shall eat my words instead of my passion fruit!

:crying1

Postby Pampy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Yes, you're right Scullion - I have one growing on the back wall of my house.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox