Register

A taste of history

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

A taste of history

Postby mark111757 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:47 pm

From PBS here in the states and Netflix. Also available on the download network

A Taste of History® is a TV cooking series that explores America’s culinary beginnings from the birthplace of American cuisine. This innovative series brings America’s history to life and makes it vibrant as we step back in time and get to know the founders of our country through the food they ate and the recipes they prepared.

http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/a-taste-of-history/

Depending where you are, try Netflix or amazon prime. Its also available on the download circuit. Series 10.

If you want to see older epis, go to you tube and do a key word search for a taste of history.

Re: A taste of history

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 pm

I have PBS America on Virgin but that’s not one of the shows we currently get - bizarrely they are showing Meet the Ancestors, a 6 year old BBC show, which the BBC are also currently showing :?

Postby Renee » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 am

I won't be able to get it Mark, but I am enjoying looking through the website and the interesting recipes.

Postby Binky » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm

It's a pity we won't be able to watch it either. I have a large book of American Heritage Cooking which is fascinating to read, not only because of the gorgeous photography and recipes, but the history of the places where the foods originated. There are also photos of old recipes used by the (almost) Pilgrim Fathers and I was tickled to see 'Rock Cakes' brought over from England.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox