Register

This week on channel 5 (w/o 23 Sept)

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

This week on channel 5 (w/o 23 Sept)

Postby mark111757 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:28 am

Monday

900pm UK time/400pm east coast USA time

Coca-Cola vs Pepsi--Cola Wars
Documentary about the ongoing battle between world-famous cola brands Pepsi and Coca-Cola to prove which one of them is top of the pops.

1000pm UK time/500pm east coast USA time

It's Your Fault I’m Fat
Desperate teenagers team up with their overweight families to shed the pounds. This episode follows 16-year-old Evie, who weighs 21 stone and is ashamed of her size. (R)

Tuesday

915pm uk time/415 east coast usa time

Inside Mr Kipling’s Cake Factory
A behind-the-scenes guide to the Mr Kipling Factory in Carlton, Yorkshire, which first opened in the 1970s and was the largest bakery in Europe at the time. Featuring a look back at the company’s history.

1015pm UK time/515pm east coast USA time

Inside Cadburys ....Secrets of the Chocolate Factory
The story of a business that started out making cocoa and drinking chocolate almost 200 years ago, and is now one of the most famous confectionary brands in the world. (R)

Wednesday

900pm uk time/400pm east coast usa time

Secrets of the Royal Kitchens
A glimpse into the world of the British royal family, exploring regal traditions and priceless jewels, as well as looking through the keyhole of the grand palaces. A royal butler explains how he accidentally ended up dancing with the Queen and an interior designer describes what he found in the drawers at Buckingham Palace.

Re: This week on channel 5 (w/o 23 Sept)

Postby mark111757 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Cola wars.....

Easy one for me...Pepsi products. Favs being diet mtn dew, diet Pepsi and Pepsi. To me pepsi has a smoother taste with citrus notes. Coke just doesn't.

Postby jeral » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 pm

I'm still a Coca Cola fan as Pepsi (or imitations) don't taste like Coke. How's that for argued reasoning? ;)

The programme was a bit underwhelming although I'm not sure what I expected. The dramatic fall in sales recently (per the programme) is interesting. Sports drinks and flavoured waters here have taken or created their own shelf space making sugary colas seem old hat. I don't know how long the water fad will last, IMO being in the "more money than sense" bracket, but Cola and Pepsi have plenty of worldwide sales to keep them afloat.

Postby jeral » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:00 am

The wrong thread I know, but I've just seen the final of The Chef's Brigade (BBC iPlayer soon to expire). A little bit of all the haute cuisine dishes is explained although it's mainly about the "journey" rather than a "How to".

It's amazing that Jason Atherton's "brigade" of trainees managed to approximate top standard restaurants' dishes in six weeks. Worth watching if you like "journeys".

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox