Register

Eating myself to death

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Eating myself to death

Postby mark111757 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:02 pm

From channel 5 and thru the down load circuit

I watched this with great interest, as someone who is more than a few kilos over weight. Of particular interest was the guy who had the cardio version done. You are supposed to be knocked out but I was in intensive care in hospital and the afib started up. So it was done on the spot. Later my PCP/gp said it was described as being kicked by a mule. He was spot on. But it more than controlled the afib so it worked out well. Am not keen on the surgeries. Gastric bypass, lap bad and so on. All the issues I had with the hernia surgery turned me off to getting back on table for anything.

Re: Eating myself to death

Postby jeral » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:32 pm

There are only a very few who can get surgery on our NHS and paying privately costs a fortune. What would put me off getting fat is that if I lost the weight I'd be left with those skin flaps, which now aren't fixed under our NHS being regarded as cosmetic. I do feel those who seem to have a lifelong struggle.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:06 am

Surgical intervention doesn't work, because it doesn't tackle the underlying eating disorder. My sister in law had a gastric bypass, and she just makes herself ill by eating too much for it, and remains morbidly obese.

Postby jeral » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:25 pm

I think that's why they won't fit gastric bands unless the would-be patient proves they can lose weight without one, which is Catch-22 but the danger of overeating and bursting one is worse.

Postby Amyw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:52 pm

A friend of mine was pretty huge, had a gastric bypass and became tiny, probably an 8-10. However she's probably gone up to an 18 in the last couple of years . Loves wine and cheap fat laden food . It's a quick term fix but doesn't address the real issues of obesity

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox