Register

McDonald's vs burger king--burger wars

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

McDonald's vs burger king--burger wars

Postby mark111757 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:48 pm

From channel 5, now on the download circuit

Not bad overall. Past and present and the future.

My preferences....

Breakfast, mcd's. Sausage mcmuffin with cheese, breakfast burrito, sometimes hash browns. To me the taste good and are consistent.

Others times, burger king. Love the whopper with cheese no tomato.

Who will win the war, time will tell....

Site Admin

Re: McDonald's vs burger king--burger wars

Postby Sakkarin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't believe Burger King will ever overtake McD, any more than that Pepsi will ever overtake Coke, or Lidl overtake Tesco.

Hold fire on that last one...

Apropos of nothing, I have a huge "History of Coca Cola" book that a mate of mine brought me back from America when he visited their factory there. A whole bookful of the history of sugary flavoured water.

Postby karadekoolaid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:08 pm

While I don´t think either one will crash, the current challenge from fast food joints serving handmade patties does seem to be making a small dent in the 100%Beef franchise. Places like " Burger Shack", for example.

Postby jeral » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:35 pm

McDonald's does have a way of successfully reinventing itself to suit local markets and also has enough capital to ride out temporary downturns. I don't know if Burger King does equally as they're not as widely reported on.

On the one hand, institutions tend not to fail big time, but on the other hand ones such as M&S are decidedly teetering so there are no guarantees are there?

Postby scullion » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:48 pm

burger king have upped their 'green credentials' by removing the plastic toys in their kids meals, due to the two little girls protest, so if i went to a burger chain it would probably be burger king - even though i don't buy kids meals.

Postby Pepper Pig » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm

scullion wrote:burger king have upped their 'green credentials' by removing the plastic toys in their kids meals, due to the two little girls protest, so if i went to a burger chain it would probably be burger king - even though i don't buy kids meals.

And McDonald’s answer to this is to offer their kid’s meals with a choice of a plasic toy or a piece of fruit. :roll: I know which my children would have gone for!

Postby Pampy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm

If you return plastic toys to Burger King, up to the end of this month, they'll give you a free junior meal.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/ ... od-3334740

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox