Register

Seasonal preserves

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Site Admin

Re: Seasonal preserves

Postby Sakkarin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 am

I've plonked it in the fridge for now, may have a go tomorrow at thinning it down.

"Passed through a Muslim" - I thought it might be something like those Civet Poo coffee beans...
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable ... kopi-luwak

Postby Rainbow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:57 am

Sakkarin wrote:"Passed through a Muslim" - I thought it might be something like those Civet Poo coffee beans...
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable ... kopi-luwak

We were offered a taste of that when doing a coffee tasting in Bali. Couldn't come at the idea civet poo coffee though!!

Postby jeral » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm

If the taste is acceptable, the jam could be diluted until it can be sieved, then frozen as ice lollies or cubes to flavour spirit or water drinks. If the flavour is too much like dishwater after dilution, a spot of orange cordial and lemon juice can work wonders.

Postby Otterspocket » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Muslin not Muslim ! Sorry

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:03 pm

No need to apologise! It made me smile thinking of that poor Muslim trying to pass my saucepanful of bullet-hard crab apples!

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 am

I've got a couple of kilos of diced mixed vegetables brining for Picallili. There are courgettes, onions, red and green peppers carrots, cauliflower florets and green beans.
I'll make the mustard, turmeric, vinegar and sugar base when M goes to chess club because although he likes to result he can't stand the smell of it cooking :roll:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Badger's Mate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:22 am

After a woeful season for cucumbers, in which my first two sowings failed and we were away when I should have sown the third lot, we finally got a crop of Crystal Lemon. I made a batch of cucumber relish yesterday, with homegrown cues, peppers and onions.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox