Register

Are there any Masterchef geeks here?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Are there any Masterchef geeks here?

Postby Pepper Pig » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:16 pm

And Joan, I promise I don’t mean you.

They gym I belong to (in Northwood Sakks) has had various difficulties maintaining its cafe over the last few years and put it out to private bids a year ago. An Indian health food fanatic took it over and it completely bombed - just because people exercise doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t want cake when they’ve finished!!!

Anyway, Nisha Parmar has taken over and so far the signs are very promising. https://www.nishaparmar.co.uk/

She is a local girl, was an MC semi-finalist last year, mostly does private dining work and is going to be supervising. However she has been hands on all of last week and the reports are glowing.

Anyone remember her? I don’t watch it because I can’t abide Gregg.

Re: Are there any Masterchef geeks here?

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Yes I do remember her PP. I seem to recall that she was quite calm and methodical. Good luck to her!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby jeral » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:06 pm

It bodes well Pepper Pig if Nisha and her team can keep up the good work. So much depends on the chef, e.g. a pub here had its food reported glowingly - until the chef left being replaced by someone nowhere near as good and it darn near broke the pub. They now have a big screen sports TV to attract customers back.

Postby Pepper Pig » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 pm

Well the downside for that Jeral is that it’s a small private club and they have all the Sky stuff. Ash, the owner, intimated that she’s doing it more as a hobby as she has two small children. Her main income is for the private dining stuff she does. This gives her an industrial kitchen to work from. She is employing cooks.

Thanks Joan. It all looks promising,

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox