Register

Jay Rayner's Last Supper

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Jay Rayner's Last Supper

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm

I did a pâtė de campagne for this group at the last meeting (author Felicity Cloake, book One More Croissant for the Road). Went down a storm, especially with Wilf her cairn terrier who developed serious cupboard love

So I don’t really want to do another terrine yet, or anything like a quiche, as there tends to be a lot of them

Postby Amyw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:06 pm

Ha I follow her on Instagram and often think how gorgeous and well fed Wilf is !

I quite like the prawn cocktail idea as it fits in with that nostalgic thing quite well . Summer rolls depending on how far you have to travel as could be pre prepared and they always look fab.

Blinis with smoked salmon etc would be easy to assemble there and again quite retro again . Or maybe a chilled seafood soup in little (glass) shot glasses?

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Postby karadekoolaid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

His choice is very good! What a simple, easy-to-make, delicious dish!

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:22 pm

He actually says in the video that’s not the final choice, just something to keep you going until you get there. I suspect you are going to need either the book or a ticket for one of the talks to get the final answer

One of the things I thought of, somewhat bizarrely, were blintzes, which I know he likes, but when I was 7 my friend’s Granny used to make them. I called them turnovers then and only understood much later that she was Whitechapel Jewish and they were blintzes (a kind of filled crepe)

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox