Register

Board Announcement

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Board Announcement

Postby THE MOD TEAM » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Following the dismissal of a member yesterday we have been threatened with legal action if the thread that led to the dismissal is not removed.

We will be removing both the thread in question and related content, including the original article, not because we have any doubts about their legality, but because it will mark the end of this unpleasant episode for the board.

UPDATE: THREAD AND RELATED POSTS REMOVED

Many thanks to everyone who has responded, sorry if we've not got back to you, but it's all been a bit of an overwhelming exercise.

Re: Board Announcement

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Oh - and for those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about...………..

Message from Sakkarin:

Lush, notwithstanding all your rants against Member 461, several of which we ended up removing, that is the most spiteful and disgraceful thing I've seen on the board to date.

It appears to have been originally aimed at Joan, although clearly I am bragging too by mentioning my certificates for possibly the third time in 12 years on the boards.

Here's the truth of the situation for anyone that happens to look in and thinks Joan is a braggart!

I've followed Joan's contributions to the BBC Board for 5 years, from 2007 to 2012, and she never once to my knowledge mentioned her achievements on there, just contributed considered, knowledgeable and thoughtful posts.

I didn't discover Joan's history until Gill told me, maybe 7 years after I joined the board. I would say she is the most modest and humble person here, and her legacy lies in the outstanding contributions she has made over the years. Most times you hear about her accomplishments outside the board, it is mentioned by other members, who, like myself, are in awe.

Please be aware that you have now had an official warning to curb your tongue.

Postby jeral » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:49 pm

If that is a personal message, it is beyond the pale to publish something which is absolutely guaranteed by the board software to be kept private and is clearly by all ethical standards accepted that such messages will be kept private.

Lusciouslush, you should delete your own post (if you still can given new edit rules) or at least be ashamed of yourself for publishing a private message whatever it says.

All my opinion of course.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Jeral - look in the Administration threads & you will see it is not a private message at all - so absolutely nothing to be 'ashamed' of is there.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:59 pm

The part regarding Joan is public Jeral, on the Admin thread with the moved posts.

We did not post a notice on the thread they were moved from as we didn't want to put a damper on Wargarden's success, however we PMd Lush personally so she was aware of the action.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4154#p74048

Postby jeral » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:04 pm

OK, fair enough and apols to Lusciouslush.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Glad you've got it Jeral -- but you must now see how quickly people are to judge...……..

Postby jeral » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:21 pm

It would have been good to have been working on facts not mis-facts or omissions, i.e. Message doesn't mean Post. Duplicating a post for no good reason without mentioning it was already on view elsewhere. However, my sole point was regarding private messages, now satisfied. I make no comment nor made any comment on the content.

Postby wargarden » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 pm

thanks for not removing my thread. as for the controversy" no comment"

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox