Register

pizza toppings

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: pizza toppings

Postby WWordsworth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:09 am

The chip shop, about 300 yards from here is owned by Bangladeshis.
I absolutely love their hot and spicy pizza which is basically minced beef loads of chillies, onions, tomatoes and cheese on a pizza.

We get the medium one plus a bag of chips after a few beers at the micropub about 800 yards away.

Postby wargarden » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:24 am

salami and mushroom
squid rings, prawns,green peppers
beans sprouts,grilled beef,lemon

Postby Pampy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 am

I don't have a tomato base, just cheese. Toppings include tuna, onions, mushrooms, anchovies, sweetcorn, garlic, oregano and black pepper.
I also make something that I suppose is a cross between pizza and garlic bread - or perhaps not! A thin base liberally brushed with chilli oil, a scattering of grated cheese, thinly sliced onion, and loads of chopped garlic and sliced green chillies.

Postby patpoyntz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:51 am

It is interesting that so many countries have their own version of flatbreads with toppings, which is , I suppose, what a pizza is.
When we lived in the UAE, we couldn’t really get pizza, but we could get lamacun, a Turkish bread base with minced lamb, or Manakish, the Lebanese version, with zataar. And there many more I can think of around the world...Morocco, South America, india etc. So I suppose that it is not surprising that the variety of toppings has grown so far away from the basic Italian pizza.
Wordsworth, I started to think about this when I read of your Bangladeshi pizzas, which sound lush, by the way!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox