Register

Hairy bikers series

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Hairy bikers series

Postby mark111757 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Did anyone else catch the blurb over the closing credits Monday night on Nadiya's time to eat on bbc2. There was a mention of an up coming HB series, the HB ride route 66 on bbc 2.

I remember a few years ago, billy connolly did a series on route 66 on ITV. I really enjoyed it.

Speaking of Nadiya, she has become the queen of easy peasy. I stopped counting the number of times I heard in the show Monday night.

Let's get her and the king of stylee together. What word can we come up with.

Re: Hairy bikers series

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:45 pm

I saw the route 66 trailer

Seems like a natural for long distance bikers - if they can come up with the food which they usually do

I don't think Nadiya's current series is really aimed at me, but she's still the nation's sweetheart it seems, which is a good thing

Postby Renee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks Mark. I'll watch out for the programme!

Nadiya's cooking seems to appeal more to people who have families as she has.

Postby Amyw » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Nadiya seems sweet enough but I don’t think she’s strong enough to host her own show and her recipes leave me a little meh.

I can’t stand the Hairy Bikers . Can’t really put my finger on why, but watching any of their programmes would be torture for me

Postby mark111757 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 pm

The recipe for baklava got my attention. Not the classic I realize, but if it tastes the same or similar, it works for me.

When dad was alive he worked at the local, hospital in maintenance, for many years a local Greek Orthodox church sold Greek goodies and he would always get 4 pieces of baklava. Sticky and sweet and so good. I miss those days

Postby Pampy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:01 am

mark111757 wrote:The recipe for baklava got my attention. Not the classic I realize, but if it tastes the same or similar, it works for me.

Works for me too Mark. Whilst it's nice to try food as the person who devised the recipe meant it to be, if I like something I care not whether it's "authentic" as long as it tastes good.

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:40 am

I am with you there Pampy. I like spaghetti carbonara with additional mushrooms, or salami instead of bacon or ham (shock, horror!). I am not a purist at all when it comes to food.

As I like the HBs, I will watch out for that series on route 66. We loved the Billy Connolly one too. I haven;t seen Nadiya's latest episode , although I have recorded it because I do like her a lot.

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:11 am

I shall give it a try.
But if, as I suspect, they start to convert dishes into pies, I'll be switching off.

I do like them tho.

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:24 am

I looked at Nadiya’s baklava, looks nice but personally I’d prefer it without the unnecessary cocoa, and I think that’s too much pastry, it looks a bit heavy in the picture
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/orange_blossom_baklava_11703

Postby Lusciouslush » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm

I'll have a look-in too......I can tolerate them until they start doing their (not funny) comedy routine - especially that little one - hammed-up doesn't cover it.....!!!!
I did enjoy their Med tour tho' - some good recipes on that series.

Postby Renee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 pm

I agree about their comedy routine lush, but do love most of their programmes, the interesting places that they visit and the people that they meet.

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 pm

I watched this week's episode of Nadiya Hussain's time to Eat last night. I didn't enjoy this one so much to be fair, especially now that my sweet tooth has 95% disappeared owing to my diabetes. Although it was only about 50% to begin with!

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox