Register

fusion dishes good and bad.

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: fusion dishes good and bad.

Postby wargarden » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Loulou first i only know 3 language. Second i am counting Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales as separate countries.
several of the letters where written in 2 language. As for the war against bad chicken Maryland version s started in 1930's. every so many years a new person takes up the cause. I happen to be one the proponent for digital age.
the thread on Yorkshire pudding demonstrated how people feel about people stealing a dish name an making a bad tasting inauthentic version of the dish.
Maryland has several specialties some better known then chicken Maryland other barely know out of maryland .
other lost to time and know to few foodies.
here is list of few Maryland food specialties:
chicken maryland
maryland steamed blue crabs.
maryland crab cakes
crab imperial
maryland potato pie
maryland beaten biscuit
maryland corn bread
smith Island cake.

Postby Otterspocket » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:15 pm

I have a fond memory of chicken Maryland - my first ever trip to London with my school we stayed at a youth hostel in Holland Park. In honour of Independence Day they had an American menu one day and I ate chicken Maryland and pancakes with maple syrup for the first time.
Coming from a household where meals were mainly meat and two veg the food was a real experience

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Now I have had Maryland crab cakes -in maryland. Our daughter live in Virginia for some timeand we used to travel a lot when we visited. How do I know if the crab cakes were authentic (whatever that means) just because I ate them in Maryland ?

For the same reason I don't think I will get a salade Nicoise unless I eat one in Nice.
Any traditionaal dish will have as many versions as cooks making it.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox