Register

Cocoa, chocolate - where´s it from?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Cocoa, chocolate - where´s it from?

Postby Pampy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:23 pm

jeral wrote:Heartbreaking. I'm not sure which is worse, gifting it to the "workers" (presumably himself) or like our successive governments selling off the silver as I hear today that British Steel is now owned by the Turkish Military Pension Fund. Whacky world.

Not quite yet - the fund is considering making an offer for British Steel.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 pm

I had a look on Willies site, and it seems they've still got three or four Venezuelan chocolates on offer as far as I can tell (the image is a bit confusing).

I'm also reminded of my Willie calculator on the old Search Engine front page!

https://www.williescacao.com/world-caca ... chocolate/

Postby Binky » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:05 pm

" a willy calculator" ?????

ooh, missus < best Frankie Howerd voice>

Postby Pampy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:18 pm

ROFL :gonzo

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Willies Chocolate was 100%, so didn't work with most recipes. I made the calculator to work out how much sugar/willies to add to a standard recipe.

e.g. if 100g of 70% chocolate was required in the recipe, that would translate to 70g Willies plus 30g sugar.

It's the bottom button on the right, I've removed all the Sakkarin Search Engine buttons....

http://sakkarin.co.uk/williecalc.htm

Postby jeral » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 pm

jeral wrote:........... British Steel is now owned by the Turkish Military Pension Fund. Whacky world.
Pampy wrote:Not quite yet - the fund is considering making an offer for British Steel.

True, it's still in the process. It was just by way of comparison of the two sides of a coin (communism v. Conservatism(capitalism) how industries are treated. It also makes me wonder if our high quality steel will become fabric mainly for tools of war. Oh joy. Sorry, both infrastructure and arms sales are a sore point, as I'm sure Venezuela chocolate is for them.

Postby Pampy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:47 pm

At least willie's chocolate sounds better than chocolate willies!

Postby Binky » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:07 pm

when we lived in the US, one of my friends was a rather mad lady (we met as art gallery tour guides). She started up her own cookie making business and had moulds custom made.

The best-selling cookie was penis shaped (can I say that on here? Don't ban me) and it went down a storm at hen parties and Jewish lady parties (my friend was Jewish). The cost of each cookie was $10 and that was years ago. I was told, after we left, that her commercial oven went bang and she didn't bother with cookies any more.

Postby jeral » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm

I wonder if Willy Wonka's name is a nod to t'other one.

Postby Amyw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Are we talking penises, or the guy behind Willies chocolate, cause he's only 55, so I doubt it :tongueout .

Postby Alexandria » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Binky wrote:when we lived in the US, one of my friends was a rather mad lady (we met as art gallery tour guides). She started up her own cookie making business and had moulds custom made.

The best-selling cookie was penis shaped (can I say that on here? Don't ban me) and it went down a storm at hen parties and Jewish lady parties (my friend was Jewish). The cost of each cookie was $10 and that was years ago. I was told, after we left, that her commercial oven went bang and she didn't bother with cookies any more.

Binky,

Situated in the main high Street retail boutique neighbourhood of San Francisco, California, many years ago, there was a tiny chocolate shop in San Francisco, California called "The Erotic Baker" and it was owned by 2 former bartenders, and all they sold to those interested (parties, stag and showers, office events etcetra ) were chocolate male sexual organs and ladies breasts made of chocolate in 3 flavors.

They were quite successful in San Francisco. I have no idea if it is still open or not .. I would think they may have retired.

It was quite humorous .. And totally elegantly packaging ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox