Register

tempura

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: tempura

Postby Pepper Pig » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm

:clap :clap :clap

Postby karadekoolaid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:26 pm

It´s highly contentious, and pretty pointless, to claim that one 1st World Country vs another 1st World Country take better, or worse sanitary measures over eggs. Statistics, as a friend of mine who has a Ph.D in the subject, are 63.9% correct 8-) Additionally, one has to take into account the number of reported cases. Apparently, this is 1 in every 57.
And even if the statistics are true, only 0.001 percent of the population in the UK is affected.
I´m not saying it´s pleasant, but you are much more likely to be hit by a car whilst minding your own business - or walking along the street.

Postby miss mouse » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

I don't understand who you are replying to Karada.

Reported incidents of food borne notifiable diseases in the US are way ahead of ours (UK) per head of population.

Postby Otterspocket » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:12 pm

miss mouse wrote:Believe that if you will warden. It is not true but whatever, if that makes you happy who am I to spoil your delusions.

It is true , they used chlorine to wash poultry in the US that reduces infection rate to 2% of birds vs around 15% in the UK where the practice is not approved. It’s also the reason why Americans are more likely to wash their raw poultry

Postby wargarden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 pm

back to tempura. as i said in another post make sure you use the correct oil temperature
for the item you plan on frying by the tempura method.

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:23 am

To quote an old British saying. "Are you trying to teach your grandmother to suck eggs?"
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox