Register

Foodie Drag Queen names

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Foodie Drag Queen names

Postby Pampy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:07 am

Not all drag queens are male. Anyone seen a recent television programme called "Drag SOS"? I started to watch it when there was nowt else on and became hooked - it dispelled some misconceptions commonly held by both the general public and participants in the programme. I ended up really enjoying it and with a tremendous respect for the people who took part in it.

Postby karadekoolaid » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 am

I’m very uncomfortable with this thread, sorry.

Then I suggest you do what I do when a post doesn´t interest me. Ignore it.
I have had gay and lesbian friends all my life. Working in music, to begin with, meant lots of contacts. I´ve never made an issue of it, and nor have they, because we respect each other´s life styles. No hassle, no whispering into the back of one´s hand.

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:02 pm

KK, I was a professional musician for almost forty years and yes LL I do know the gay community very well.

Postby Pampy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:20 pm

I just (and always have) take people as they are - I really have no interest in their colour, religion, sexuality etc - everyone starts at 120% and works their own way up or down - some faster than others! So long as there's mutual respect, we'll rub along nicely.

Postby Pampy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm

And I don't find this thread disrespectful at all - can't see why anyone would.

Postby dennispc » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm with karadekoolaid in regard to all forums.

With this thread I was a bit puzzled about it at first, but thought it was a happy giggle and nothing more, disappointed I couldn't think up something witty.

Our first great grand daughter is from a lesbian couple. Not a problem.

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:05 pm

*sigh*

I am neither a bigot nor homophobic and am deeply offended by being cast as such, and I object to the assertions that all gay people are happy with the Drag Queen image. My own son took 10 years to come out precisely because of that personification. He goes to Pride every year but the Drag Queen stuff makes him uncomfortable. And yes Petronius he and his male partner intend to have children and I will have no problems at all with that.

Postby Pampy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:46 pm

I don't think anyone has cast you as a bigot or homophobic nor has anyone made any assumptions that all gay people are happy with the drag queen image.
Personally, I don't particularly associate drag queens with being gay - they're usually bloody good, and clever, entertainers.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox