Register

Brain Food: Foods to Eat for a healthy Brain

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Brain Food: Foods to Eat for a healthy Brain

Postby Alexandria » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:14 am

Rénée,

Yes, Mediterrenean families do tend to be quite close, even today, especially Spaniards and Italians.

My sons are going to be 30, in December and both are married, each with one son.

We all got married quite young, as in Spain, it was not until very recently, that living with one´s
boyfriend or girlfriend was acceptable.

Well, I am off to get some rest, as it is 12.10 am after midnight !

Had a lovely dinner this evening in Costa Smeralda .. We shall be here for a few days, and then go to
The Barbagia Mountains and Calgliari ..

Best wishes for a lovely summer. :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Binky » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 am

The recipe looks fairly straightforward, and the end result looks even better. We shall certainly try this.

Fish seems to go well with spinach. At our pub lunch yesterday, a friend had 'Scottish Ling on a bed of Spinach' -- there were other ingredients but I can't remember them all. The important thing is that she said it was one of the best meals she has ever eaten.

Postby Amyw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

I absolutely love smoked haddock in a cheesy sauce with wilted spinach .

Postby Alexandria » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Binky,

Yes, it is very straight forward.

Most traditional Mediterranean recipes dating back to the arrival of Hernan Cortez, and the Vikings, are very simple to prepare because there are
very few basic ingredients and very few local herbs(5) and very few few spices ..

Legumes or beans are basic and prior to spinach the wild field greens were used similar to Rocket .. Cod comes from the Basque Fishermen (Vikings) and the Italian Fishermen (1432).

Enjoy it ! It is quite good ..

Have a lovely weekend.
Best regards from Sardinia .. :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox