Register

Alicante

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Alicante

Postby WhitefieldFoodie » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi all,

Long time no post for me again. I have been lurking and reading but not had any time to get involved sadly.

Just wondered if any of you have any recommendations for delicious places to munch in Alicante? Me and my old man are going for a very long weekend tomorrow as our football team (West Bromwich Albion) are playing a friendly in Benidorm on Saturday.

Hope everyone is well, as normal everyone's food is looking amazing. I have really got into the groove in the kitchen, and would probably have been irritating with all the pictures of my grub I have been taking :tongueout

Re: Alicante

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi Whitefoodie.
Alicante is excellent for food, from what I remember. Restaurants and cafes a-plenty.
It's too long ago for me to recommend a specific restaurant, that I can picture, but don't recall the name.

But take note of 2 things.
The quirky beautiful patterned pavements.
And the sea-level step that marks sea level 0 for the world throughout. It's behind the Ayuntamiento building doors and visible from the street.

Also a word of warning.
It seems so friendly and intimate. But it is like any other city, and robos work the streets and beaches. They wait for tourists to go for a swim & swoop upon their bags left unattended.
When we were there, an Italian woman had left her wedding dress unattended. And it was gone in moments, in plain view.

Postby Lusciouslush » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Can't help - never been - but have a blast...…………..!

Postby Renee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi! Great to see you again! We really don't mind being irritated by all the pics of your grub! :lol: :lol:

Can't help with Alicante, but have a great time with your dad!

Postby Alexandria » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:03 pm

The Santa Barbara Castle, located in the historic district of Alicante is a neighbor of at least 100 tapas bars and restaurants of all levels.

A much lovelier area to go for tapas, is Playa San Juan, which is 10 minutes via Bus 22, across from the Main Central Market ..

Enjoy your trip ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby WhitefieldFoodie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:25 am

Morning all, day 4 of our trip sees us head to benidorm today (God help us) for the West Brom match.

The food has been excellent, we are staying in the residential area of Playa San Juan and the local cafes and bars served excellent food as great prices. I will upload some pictures on my return.

Today though it will be a full English, fish n chips and some beer, as to ensure I throw myself whole heartedly into the Benidorm experience :tongueout (I may however drag my dad down tapas alley for a break!)

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:21 am

Benidorm is fine, Whitefoodie.
Admittedly we don't stay overnight, but do take day trips if we are in the area.

Postby Alexandria » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Whitefield Foodie,

Here are the six that we have been to several times in order of preference ..

Benidorm´s Sprawling Array of Tapas Bars & Restaurants with Tapas Bars .. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

1) Restaurant La Cava Aragonesa

2) Bar Atxuri

3) La Cofradia

4) Tasca y Basta

5) Escape

6) Restaurante Zodiac

Several also have outdoor terraces ..

Have a wonderful trip and good luck with your fave football team .. :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox