Register

Happy Birthday!

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Site Admin

Re: Happy Birthday!

Postby Sakkarin » Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm

And the poor sod had a curry too!?!

Postby Uschi » Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Naaah, I think the beefed-up little sod overheated the Wheel bearinfs, an annoyed neighbourhood mouse legt hin know what she thought about the Noise ...

Image.

... and WHOOOM!!!!

Postby Uschi » Wed May 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Sorry, my Autokorrektur is still set to German :crying1

Postby karadekoolaid » Wed May 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Beautiful, Uschi; absolutely beautiful!

We had a hamster once. My brother read somewhere that (1) rabbits and hamsters like whisky and (2) dogs like beer. We didn´t have a dog, and the rabbit had escaped, so we gave the hamster a tiny teaspoon of whisky in his water. Surprise, surprise, the poor little sod spent the next hour running on its little wheel like a hamster possessed. :shock:
That´s what kids do at 13.
The hamster was fine the next day, by the way.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed May 01, 2019 6:47 pm

That´s what kids do at 13.

Yes, I used to run on my little wheel like a hamster possessed too... ;-)

Postby Uschi » Wed May 01, 2019 7:28 pm

I was fairly good with Mine, but I could never stomach keeping such active Little things in their cages all the Time. I for my last hamster from a friend. He was 6 months old already and not tame, never had been out of that tiny Cage and he was the biggest Hamster I‘ d ever come across. I let him run a Bit in the hallway and he was over the Moon. He webt on to roll Update my carpet, built a Nest in a cupboard and enjoyed his Freedom for sich months, forever hot on my heels... until I closed the door too soon one day.... No more live hamsters for me.

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 am

Poor hamsters tho. Either drunk or squished.

The Bob story.

My middle sister Karon would happily look after several young kids. She's great with them - perhaps better than some of the parents ;)
She found that some mothers would get defensive if she corrected their children (probably because they listened to her more).
And a common problem is children with their trousers falling down during activity.

Rather than repetitiously telling the kids to pull their trousers up day in day out. She just said "Bob!" to Jack or Max or whichever.
And the child would hoik their slacks up automatically (Bob the Builder bottom).

To illustrate, she just shouted "Bob" and all of them yanked automatically at their trouser waists. Utterly charming.

And you Uschi, equally charming, put Bob on one of your handbags for me.

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu May 02, 2019 11:01 am

I remember being woken in the middle of the night and put to crawl under my parents bed to retrieve a hamster that was happily tunnelling through the thick carpet + underlay, having escaped from her cage. That was Cornflake, a tiny golden hamster

The worst bite I’ve ever had from an animal was from a hamster, I picked her up to show her carer she was definitely female and she sank her teeth into my thumb.

Postby dennispc » Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 am

Leaving wild animals to one side, ;) I'm sure Gill does a fair bit (to say the least) behind the scenes so my thanks to her and anyone else we don't know about.

New avatar Gill, lot of skill in that :clap

Postby Joanbunting » Thu May 02, 2019 3:57 pm

And so say all of us . :newhuggy :newhuggy
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Pampy » Thu May 02, 2019 4:32 pm

We had lots of hamsters in our childhood. I loved them and often used to take one to school under my jumper. They were normally very good and stayed there until I pulled them out but one nosed its way out of the neck of my cardigan and I was severely told off by the teacher!

Postby Lusciouslush » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

You're weird Pampy………………....!!! :lol:

There's probably a law against that now !

Could start a new fettish tho'..................... :stfu

Postby Renee » Thu May 02, 2019 5:55 pm

You call that weird??? :roll:

I once took a grass snake to Blackpool Tech one day and put it under my typewriter cover! At home, it used to be coiled around my neck with its head pointing to the television screen!

Postby Lusciouslush » Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Fettishes R Us...………………... :klingonbanana :klingonbanana :klingonbanana !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-)

Postby karadekoolaid » Thu May 02, 2019 8:35 pm

I suppose all that is better than a ferret down the trousers....

Postby Lusciouslush » Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Speaking from experience Clive...…?!?!
8-)

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 pm

I like ferrets, apart from the small

When I had long hair, I found they liked sitting on my shoulder with their face half hidden in the hair

Postby Badger's Mate » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm

I wish I'd had the time to keep ferrets, now we have got the time we travel too much to keep any livestock. They would have had to work for a living. We once had a fascinating day out with ferrets, hawks and a dog.

Postby Uschi » Fri May 03, 2019 12:16 am

When I was rat-sitting for my friend, who had two rats, they would crawl into my sleeves and I'd type with a rat under each forearm. Sometimes they grew bored and one would go and visit her friend, but that was very uncomfortable, the two being hefty specimen and their combined weight was not easy to bear for a long time.

Postby smitch » Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 am

I’ve taken my rats into work for the day. I only had 7 at the time though :lol: My colleagues love them so they’re booked to go back later this month before I leave my current role. One of my current group likes to sleep on my shoulder and another is obsessed with going down tops. Otherwise they get into a big snuggly pile and have a snooze when they’ve had enough of running around the sofa in the evening.

When I was a teenager I had a fat lazy boy rat who went all over the place. He’d just go down my sleeve and go to sleep. My mum also used to bring him in the car when she picked us up from school!

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox