Register

Easter and all the trimmings

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Easter and all the trimmings

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 pm

I agree Clare, I think spice is the thing and the richness

If I had a criticism of the delicious bun I had for breakfast it is a lack of spice, the girl in the bakery once said that these days they put enough spice in that you can smell it as they bake, but not enough to taste. Spot on.

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 am

We really enjoyed our seafood pancakes last night, although I couldn't eat all of mine. I had rather a large and late lunch yesterday. I served the pancakes with a green salad and cold boiled potatoes and it went really well. Luckily there is enough salad left to have with the remaining half a pancake that I left. That will do me for lunch today.

As the weather down our way is very warm today, I will make the minestrone a bit early and not make the croutons until the soup is off the heat. The it will be able to cool down enough for us to eat to avoid us overheating whilst eating our tea tonight. I will be using HM stock that was made in the slow cooker overnight.

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:13 am

The difference between tea cakes and hotX buns is not only the spice but also the addit mixed peelion of eggs to the liquid and, in addition to the dried fruit, finely chopped.

We had a couple of ours for breakfast, as apparently, did a lot of others in the hameau.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Well, who knew that French Classical seafood pancakes would taste just as delicious cold! :yum Oh my days! :thumbsup

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 am

I'm just having the HCB's that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. they are lovely, and the apple flavour really comes through. I have spread lemon curd on mine and that combination is divine.

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 am

Nice one, Stricters.
I didn't' get to make mine, as we had the Madeira cake instead, and wouldn't have been able to eat both.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox