Register

On the telly

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: On the telly

Postby Renee » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am

Yes, KK, but his language appeals to the younger generation, dunnit? ;) I've also noticed other chefs using some of the words that he uses such as "slap it in" :lol: It doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding the number of ingredients, he must have taken this to heart because he brought out a 5 Ingredients book. I already have a lot of the ingredients necessary for recipes and keep frozen chunks of ginger in the freezer, also chillies. Sainsbury's supermarket magazine used to be guilty of using far too many ingredients, but of course they want you to spend more money in their store! :roll:

Postby Badger's Mate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Whilst JO can be somewhat irritating, his recipes generally work and he does seem to be a positive influence. I never took to MPW, nor indeed his protégé GR, don't like the bullying. By contrast, HF-W comes across as a more kindly soul. His recipes also work. We have got a similar outlook on food. In my younger, hairier days my late MIL used to think he looked like me, and friends still refer to this house as 'River Cottage' :D

Postby mark111757 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:55 pm

KK

I think this covers it well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:14 pm

karadekoolaid wrote:I like Jamie Oliver, but I think he sometimes errs on the " Swedish Chef" side ( Muppets). " Slap this in ´ere, poke it around a bit, stick it in a pan and drown it in olive oil! Easy peasy!"

Got it in one Clive...……….! :lol:

I can't bear the big-tongued-one - just can't watch him (or his tongue) - when he first started out in his Naked Chef days I thought his recipes were ace - times have changed for him - he's yet another brand.

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks for that Mark! :thumbsup
I do miss those muppets, they were brilliant!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox