Register

Love you, hate your food

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Love you, hate your food

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Does he cook or do both of you cook? That might make a difference but I am the only cook in the place - M makes the coffee, has never learned or ever expressed the wish to learn how to then I'm in charge of the menu and would never dream of making 2 seperate dishes for one meal for 2. The only exception is when I have the griddle on I'll do him an andioette and myself a veal kidney but with the same sauce and vegetables.

I'm afraid I am a bit of a control freak in the kitchen, but as we've been together for 60 years, it really hasn't done too much harm!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby jeral » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Joanbunting wrote:...
I'm afraid I am a bit of a control freak in the kitchen, but as we've been together for 60 years, it really hasn't done too much harm!

Dear Miss Whiplash....

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) :mrgreen:

PS: I've thought all along that you're a pussy cat in this thread whether you think you are or not as your byline is expressing love via cooking so highly unlkikely you'd cook something your M doesn't like. So who's controlling whom? Thinking that cats train their owners of course ;)

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 pm

:thumbsup :thumbsup

I would never cook M something i know he doesn't like becasue there are so very few things he dislikes.But i won't have any truck with anyone who turns their nose up when I have done my best to accommodate everyone eating.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby WhitefieldFoodie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Great thread :clap

For me, I would really struggle living with a partner who did not share my love of food and drink, as it makes up much of my social life. Me and Tiff both have busy lives with work, friends and family and we use dinner time to mostly sit together in peace and bond over a shared interest. Tiff has less interest in the cooking, but definitely loves the end result :thumbsup

I have friends from all ends of spectrum; veggie, vegan, Jewish, Muslim and fussy. I really enjoy adapting my menus to suit on occasions, but couldn't do it everyday.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox