Register

Mary Berry cake books

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Mary Berry cake books

Postby cherrytree » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm

I need some help please. I’ve got Delia’s cake book. I’ve got Mary Berry’s Fast Cakes and her Ultimate Cake Book. I came across her Baking Bible the other day and have some book tokens to spend. I adore baking. Does anyone have her Ultimate book and the baking bible and if so is the bible one worth getting?

Re: Mary Berry cake books

Postby DEB » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 pm

I have the Ultimate Cake Book, I have not done so but if you go to Amazon and find the Baking Bible which you can look inside the book and find the list of recipes which might answer your question. :birthday-present-and-cake

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Can't tell you about the Merry Berry book, and I'm not up on current books, but for the record my two favourite cake books in my collection are these, they've both got "look inside" option on Amazon. Coincidentally the Mary Berry Bible book comes up too when you click the Peyton link.

Oliver Peyton's "British Baking"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Baking ... ish+baking

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Ba ... y+cookbook

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:29 pm

I have got Ultimate cakes and did have the opportunity of looking through Baking Bible a few years ago. To be honest, the latter is just an updated version of the former, so I decided to give it a miss. There is only about 6-8 extra recipes in it.

Postby Alexandria » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 am

Depending on your interest, we have three chocolate tart / cake & dessert cookbooks in English, that are truly extraordinary ..

1) French Patisserie - The Ferrandi School of the Culinary Arts.

2) Pierre Hermé: Chocolate ..

3) PDF Format: Antonio Bachour: The Chocolate Book ..

All are in English.

The Cake Bible: My grandmothers and Mom have this book, and it is a good learning tool. However, I cannot compare as I do not have the books you have mentioned.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby cherrytree » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you all of you. I didn’t know that it was possible to find an index on Amazon and as I discovered I don’t think my Ultimate book differs that much from her bible. I’m not really looking for further recommendations- I just love baking, I’m a busy granny of 9 who makes cakes for the family and endless fundraising events in the village hall and around and even had an English cake stall in our village in France last summer. I’m not really a sophisticated pattiserie woman (for home made stuff anyway!)

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Cherrytree

I thought there was only one baking book - the Bero one!

I love the Hummingbird Bakery one though.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby cherrytree » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 pm

I do have the Be Ro one as well Joan. Well of course!

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox