Register

Special completely un festive meals for this season.

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Special completely un festive meals for this season.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Joan,

On the northern Costa Brava, the "tap wáter" is not the best quality so my parents always use bottled still water .. They call it mineral wáter .. It is just plain still bottled wáter.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Joan,

Truffles & Wild Mushrooms: My dad and his hunting Club ..

Cannot say exact location in the Pryenées that separate Spain from France, as I do not recall, however, he always brings back some.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 pm

We stopped using any form of bottled water unless there is absolutely no alternative,several years ago. It's one ofour very small contributions towards saving the planet.

The water here is perfectly fine, if a little chloriney since we were made to go on mains water rather than use our village spring which tastes wonderful and was checked for quality regularly. We remove the chlorine taste by using a filter.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Joan,

In Barcelona it is not necessary to use Bottled Water nor in The Madrid Capital. However, in the small coastal towns it is advised ..

My parents have a filter however, they prefer to use bottled water for cooking ..

Have a lovely holiday.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox