Register

Sensorial Analysis Small Evoo Producers

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Sensorial Analysis Small Evoo Producers

Postby Alexandria » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:56 pm

The tiny producers of Extra Virgin Olive Oil opposed to the generalised homgenity of the large Spanish manufacturers are becoming more and more numerous. The majority focus their efforts on producing differential and attractive Evoo, which possess sensorial qualities.

Here are four Evoos which we taste tested at an Evoo Event held at a Bio Culture Trade Fair, which we attended where there were 700 exhibitors, which also had exhibitors promoting food, cosmetic products, tourism stays in olive groves, books, courses and Evoos ..

Which Evoos do you use at home and how do you use them ?

MALLORCA:

Oliverderol
www.picarandau.com
Tasting Notes: This is a spicy, almond and dried fruit aromatic Evoo which contains a varietal of Spanish olives: Arbequina, Picual and Empetire.

TOLEDO:
Capilla Del Fraille
Tasting Notes: This Evoo is a highly fruity and contains Arbequina and Picual Spanish Olives. Its predominance of aromas are green leaves and tomato, endowing this Evoo with great freshness.

VALENCIA:
Calvestra
Tasting Notes: This mono varietal of the Spanish Olive, Piñonera, is highly aromatic consisting of a bouquet of citrus fruits and peach. Quite wonderful and a rarity in Evoos.

CORDOBA:
Mueloliva
Tasting Notes: An exceptional mono varietal of 100% Picuda Spanish Olives, possesses aromas of green fruit and walnut sap, and nuances of green bananas (unripened bananas). Quite persistant and prolonged fragrance and taste.

One of my favorite things to do with Evoo is to simply drizzle it on toasted oven rustic country bread or a toasted baguette with a pinch of salt, as is very common in Barcelona for breakfast and served with tomato coulis ..

Have a lovely day .. :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Sensorial Analysis Small Evoo Producers

Postby jeral » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm sure they're all lovely. Where I am, sampling different craft beers ("real ale") is currently a top pastime rather than gauging the nuances of olive oils ;) Of course that sampling is for personal pleasure rather than sampling to buy and sell in a business which trade fairs are for which I assume is why you were there.

My knowledge of sampling olive oil starts and stops at "like" or "don't like". With some oils it is a case of what smell is given off when cooking, but that wouldn't apply to EVOO.

I'm glad to hear that small artesanal pressers of grapes for olive oil are still alive and kicking and have the will to be different from large scale producers, same as real ales here in fact :thumbsup

Postby Alexandria » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:29 pm

jeral wrote:I'm sure they're all lovely. Where I am, sampling different craft beers ("real ale") is currently a top pastime rather than gauging the nuances of olive oils ;) Of course that sampling is for personal pleasure rather than sampling to buy and sell in a business which trade fairs are for which I assume is why you were there.

My knowledge of sampling olive oil starts and stops at "like" or "don't like". With some oils it is a case of what smell is given off when cooking, but that wouldn't apply to EVOO.

I'm glad to hear that small artesanal pressers of grapes for olive oil are still alive and kicking and have the will to be different from large scale producers, same as real ales here in fact :thumbsup

Good Afternoon Jeral,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback ..

The tiny producers, of cheeeses, wines, Evoos and Craft Beers are buzzing with hundreds of restaurateurs, Chefs, Dessert Designers, specialty shops, bars and pubs seeking to buy excellent quality products produced 100% naturally, and to raise awareness of their clientel and attribute excellence in their businesses.

Our company is invited to uncountable trade fairs ranging from gastronomic, wines, chocolates, travel, business networking and I.T. Technology and are the stepping stones to increasing as well as maintaining our core clients with new adventures and itineraries in a vast variety of regions.

Due to the extraordinary growth of our clientel requesting to do Evoo, Wine & Beer & Brandy & Liquor Tastings, we attended the event to speak to Tiny Producers to collaborate in providing tastings to our tour groups with paired "tapas" for all types of dietary styles (carnivore, pescatarian, vegetarian and vegan, gluten free, low fat etcetra. ), to fulfill accomodation needs either on property or close, as most do have tiny bed & breakfast hotels ( 21 rooms with spas usually ) and of course, other attributes of their property ( 2 meals per day, breakfast & dinner; sports, olive oil tastings and a basic course in what to look for when purchasing Evoo & historical and culture sights and activities in the zone ) ..

So, on a whole it is extraordinarily valuable for us ..

Have a nice day ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Joanbunting » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm

We have several small producers of olive oil around us and we love them all.

To be truthful we buy the oil for whciever producer we happent o be near when we need some.

Once a year we go over to les Alpilles to buy some from the famoud co-op at Mourrieres - where Charles Aznovour lived. WE keep it for those times we need the best.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Alexandria » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Joan,

Thank you for all your feedback.

As you know, we have dear family and friends in Provençe and Marseille and are also grand fans of French Evoo ..

We have several bottles from two friends in the zone ..

Have a lovely weekend .. :wave

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox