Register

Parrillada de Pescado: Various Fish Grilled.

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Parrillada de Pescado: Various Fish Grilled.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

The thought of varying tastes, textures & colors of expertly grilled freshly caught fish, mollusks and crusteaceans will always have people licking their fingers .. The best results along the Costa Brava are achieved using natural firewood with sprigs of fresh wild herbs .. The fish can also be marinated beforehand .. When the fish is ready, and never too dry or overdone, it is sprinkled with a drizzle of fresh lemon, garlic, parsley, Evoo and salt ..

Here is the recipe from a lovely simple and reasonably priced Beach Bar called Marisqueria ...

To serve 4:

4 medium sized squid
4 small calamar
410 grams Mediterranean monkfish or Sicilian swordfish or Sicilian amberjack
4 large prawns ( carabiñeros, langostinos or gambones )
4 Norway Bay prawns or Scampi as it is known here or cigalas ..
16 mussels or 16 clams ( prepare last as you would normally, steamed in White wine .. )
salt
freshly ground black, green, white and rose peppercorns
1 tsp. fresh minced parsley
2 cloves minced garlic ( more if you wish )
Served with: Romesco or Mayonnaise or both in separate sauce boats ( Both Recipes posted under their individual names, if you do a search ) ..

1) Wash all the fish and shellfish and pat dry and season with salt and pepper ..
2) Heat the broiler grill of your oven or your outdoor grill and grill the calamar and the squid for 15 minutes until just tender ..
3) Then, tent in a platter and keep warm ..
4) Now grill the monkfish and / or the finned fish one is employing .. for 12 - 15 minutes ( watch carefully )
5) Now tent ..
6) Then, the prawns and the scampi 5 minutes approx ( 3 minutes per side at most ) ..
7) Now combine the parsley and garlic and Evoo and paint over the shellfish and fish varieties ..
8) Serve with sauces of choice ..
9) Drizzle a bit of fresh lemon juice over fish too .. Voila .. Fabulous !

This pairs perfectly with a sparkling white wine or a still white wine of choice ..

A partner not to be forgotten are "patatas bravas " ! Divine with an ali oli verses smoked paprika salsa Brava !! :wino
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Parrillada de Pescado: Various Fish Grilled.

Postby Renee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 pm

What a lovely recipe Member 461, but sadly I won't be making it. I do have a home smoker with which I can use different wood chippings. I put the fish or chicken on a plate, cover with a glass bowl and insert the smoker tube just under the basin and leave for about three minutes whilst it fills with smoke, then remove the tube leaving the fish or chicken to infuse with the smoke. That's the best that I can do! :lol: :lol:

Re: Parrillada de Pescado: Various Fish Grilled.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Renée.

I use either my grill in oven or a stove top grill skillet with 2 handles at each end ..

Quite a feast for a local beach bar !!! :wave :wave :wave

Have a lovely day .. :thumbsup
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox