Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Renee » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 pm

I love your tree Binky!

Postby Pampy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:55 am

Love the colours on the tree Binky. And good to hear from you - hope things are going ok for you.

Postby Rainbow » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:39 am

Lovely tree Binky. Hope you are OK and enjoyed your Christmas. :newhuggy

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 am

Oh I love the white tree, Binky. That's my favourite style.
John Lewis seem to have the excellent artificial trees, but my goodness they are a price.
Homesense is great too, we got our new front door wreath from there, a couple of years ago, when a woman knocked on our door and asked where we got it. :lol:

Some of our decs never come out of the box any more, so I'm having a cull before I have a pack away, and will buy some new in the sales.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:35 am

A beautiful tree - and the extension looks pretty special too! Good to 'see' you Binky. x

Postby aero280 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:36 pm

We have a set of lights that have never been used. I don’t know where they came from, or how long we have had them. :roll:

I opened the box and looked at them again this year, panicked, and put them away again. Where can you fit a 31 metre long string of 200 lights, indoors? :o They aren’t outdoor lights. They look like small LEDs, but they are filament bulbs. As a set they give out quite a bit of heat, so I wouldn’t want them near curtains or decorations.

Anyone own a palace?

Postby KeenCook2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:52 pm

aero280 wrote:We have a set of lights that have never been used. I don’t know where they came from, or how long we have had them. :roll:

I opened the box and looked at them again this year, panicked, and put them away again. Where can you fit a 31 metre long string of 200 lights, indoors? :o They aren’t outdoor lights. They look like small LEDs, but they are filament bulbs. As a set they give out quite a bit of heat, so I wouldn’t want them near curtains or decorations.

Anyone own a palace?

:lol: Maybe along your staircase? Banisters and balusters etc?

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:38 pm

There was a time when you got more lights than tree. Flashing fast and then slow then fast again.
:shock: I need things a bit calmer these days, but our old set certainly had 200. Which was too many even on a big tree.

Can they go in your shed, Aero :lol:

Postby jeral » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Tasteful trees (love the silvery green ones) have been a desire for years, yet every year I tweak-add another few gold and coloured baubles, bead chains etc as the days go on. I guess I just don't do tasteful :lol:
I wish I did as they're a heck of a lot quicker to dismantle...

Postby Binky » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Things aren't going well but I don't want to dwell on it. I was very bad in November and the oncologist was all for abandoning the chemo and sending me home. The MacMillan nurse suggested I get a wheelchair.

Luckily for me, there was a second doctor on duty, and he gave me a thorough physical which the first doctor never does (he relies on CT scans). Anyway, I managed a reprieve but it's only that. OH and I planned where my ashes would go in the garden, and we've pushed the boat out this Xmas as it will most likely be my last. Every luxurious gift you can think of was under the tree, absolutely no expense spared. OH has made the house warm and welcoming, he has shopped online for special foods and made sure we have at least six bottles of our favourite champagnes - Moet et Chandon and Veuve Clicqout in the cellar. We've had two bottles already.

Don't worry about me, I shall creak along as well as I can. God bless everyone and here's hoping for a better 2021 xxxx

Postby Pampy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Oh Binky - I'm so sorry to hear that. Having your luxurious Christmas sounds like a smashing thing to do and I'm sure that your very special OH has organised some wonderful goodies. Sending big, big :newhuggy :newhuggy to you both and I hope that the future sees you free of pain and able to enjoy your time together.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Just when I was thinking your OH is great, he has gone up even higher in my estimations.
You are lucky to have each other.
Binky, have a super time up until the New Year celebration, with those lavish decs, gifts and food surrounding you.
I'm wishing you both contentment and love together. xxx

Postby Seatallan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Enjoy the super champers and goodies Binky, and whatever the future holds know that you're surrounded by love...
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Binky » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Have a chocolate dear friends. We seem to have lots of boxes this year, inc. one of my favourites, Prestat Chocolate Orange Slices. The ones below are Hotel Chocolat goodies.

We buy them as family gifts, because everyone has too much 'stuff' so something edible is always gratefully received.

Postby WWordsworth » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Don't mind if I do, thank you Binky.

Sending all good wishes to you and your OH.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Those look good Binky

Good to hear you are enjoying a deluxe Christmas, best wishes to you

Postby Amyw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Oh Binky I’m so sorry to hear that ... I think your positive outlook is amazing and is lovely to hear from you again . Merry Xmas to all of you , mine was pretty terrible yesterday but onwards and upwards hey . Let’s just hurry up and get this year out the way

Postby Gruney2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Binky - I never send these, but :newhuggy

Postby Renee » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Binky, what a very special OH you have. I am sorry to hear your news and I am sure that your very positive attitude has helped. Enjoy the Champagne and those very delicious chocolates! :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby Renee » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:57 am

I ordered this recently from Amazon. It stops lenses steaming up.

https://www.zeiss.co.uk/vision-care/eye ... ml#benefit
Last edited by Renee on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox