Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox

Postby herbidacious » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:16 pm

I booked Sunday and will check again later to see if anything else crops up. It's impossible to be organized with my mother. She just won't think ahead and will get upset if I take matters into my own hands. Also, she asks people to get bits and bobs so I can't predict just when she will want 'a big shop'. She puts it off because of the expense (not that she is actually paying for it in the short term - it all goes on my card.)
I suppose generally, at the moment, I can book a slot for the future, and put it back by a week if necessary... provided I keep on top of it. (Waitrose caught me out in the end when I was doing this for myself.) This may not continue to be possible though, I suppose.
What she buys is usually pretty much the same, so I can put stuff in the basket and pay for it. Thank goodness for the ability to amend.
The delivery charges were high too. £6.50 for anything in the morning. She likes it to arrive around when carers come.

Postby dennispc » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 pm

We have a delivery from Sainsbury's once a week. Originally it was only early slots that were available and we seem only to get slots one week in advance. We start the next order a few hours after the delivery. Our slot costs £7.50, that's for £25 of goods, but it does reduce to £4 when spending over £40.

Postby herbidacious » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks.

Hers will certainly be over £40... I managed to get a £3 slot. I wonder if it's worth doing a delivery pass again, assuming they still do it. That'll jinx everything though ;)

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Don't you just love a stickler for detail.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Just in case you fancied dancing .... On the Ceiling... it could then be a trip hazard :limbobanana :klingonbanana :lol:

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Oh dear ... :roll:.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 pm

When I did the snagging for my last flat where the hall was a tiny L shape (I've had bigger office desks), each arm about a metre long, the electrician had installed a recessed light in on arm and a pendant in the other, must be a relative of that guy,

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:24 am

he he he. My electrician is a cousin of yours too.

Our landing fire alarm is fitted into the open plan eaves (no attic) - no way you can wobble on a ladder over the stairs to attend to it.
It's been ripped out by our previous owners and put in the kitchen drawer, so I'm guessing they had a LOUD problem perhaps during a power cut.

Postby aero280 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 am

It seems that the new lorry park in Kent has been officially named! :)

(from Google Maps)

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 23.38.13.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 23.38.13.png (148.49 KiB) Viewed 4942 times

Postby Pampy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:47 am

A petition was launched calling on Kent County Council to name it after the arch-Brexiteer!

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:58 am

The amusement value slightly dependent on the way the words are pronounced (fun to tweak them!).

Postby scullion » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm

whichever way he would like it pronounced it is still going to produce a tit-ter.

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:46 pm

Think of a Kentish accent
Tends to the -idge ending :D

I’ve seen it on a mock Google map

Postby Jrc123 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:18 am

Stokey Sue wrote:Think of a Kentish accent
Tends to the -idge ending :D

I’ve seen it on a mock Google map

Hello :newhuggy I didn’t think I had an accent. :oops: :lol:

Only just had time to lurk recently. The charity work is taking up a lot of my time plus lost internet, printer and oven. Also got major problems with one of my tenants.

We are sanding down worktops and re-oiling. Physio today plus have had to cancel all evening outings for the next three weeks due to idiots setting off fireworks in close proximity. I have no problem with them on celebration nights but when they started two nights ago without warning we have to be home to look after moo as she is absolutely terrified. :(

Hope to get on here more often. :newhuggy

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi All

I saw this on my hubby's facebook page and had to share it.

Finally!
It’s taken almost 4 years, admittedly taken at my own pace, and strangely made easier by having to stay at home for much of the last few months.
It’s immensely satisfying as I had to dedicate many hours of study and revision.
There isn’t even a recognised award for the subject, though in my opinion it’s easily the equivalent of a PhD or perhaps even a Masters’. But it’s far more about personal achievement, and all the sacrifices I and my family have had to make have been vindicated.
I can proudly say that now...
I can change the clock on the oven!

This might be relatable to some of you. Unfortunately, our gas oven is too basic to have a clock on it!

Postby Pampy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can relate to that - I still don't know how to change the clock in my car!

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:45 am

Welcome back JRC. Pop in more often!

The oven in my new house is fantastic.
I stabbed at the buttons, without manual, and it changed intuitively. What a appliance!

Unfortunately, I bought Tony a slow watch (one of those single handed watches that has a 24hr watch face). And it takes all day to get the hand remotely near the right time when the clock changes.

Postby Suffs » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:00 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
The rain has stopped for the moment and it’s bright and breezy.
We have to get a wiggle on this morning as the car is booked in for an MOT at 10 am. :crossed

I can change the clocks although sometimes OH does it. We both can do the heating controls too ... but OH is the ‘one who can’ with the tv when I press the wrong button and it goes into Set Up mode :roll: my excuse is that he is the one who was shown how to do it by the John Lewis man as I was at work. He doesn’t drive so the car is mine and I do everything except load, unload and clean it :thumbsup

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:41 pm

I do the heating, the microwave and the kitchen clock. OH does the oven :oops: :oops:
I usually do the bathroom clock but told OH to do it this year. He finally got round to it a few days ago when it said it was a quarter to eight after his afternoon nap :lol: :lol:
Suffs wrote:OH is the ‘one who can’ with the tv when I press the wrong button and it goes into Set Up mode my excuse is that he is the one who was shown how to do it by the John Lewis man as I was at work.

Ours does it all by itself :thumbsup

Postby scullion » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:06 pm

i'm the one who reads the instructions...

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox