Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox

Postby aero280 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:33 am

That was a while after I lost my sense of taste and smell. :o

Postby Seatallan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:35 am

It's rather fascinating I think. Evidently, there were traces of Covid found in samples of waste water in parts of Italy in late November (but not prior to that) which all helps in pin-pointing how and when the disease spread (and of course what's happening now). I understand there are currently traces in Paris, whereas there weren't just after the lockdown was lifted, for example.
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Pampy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:13 pm

I think the Italian findings were in Milan. My next door neighbour was at a trade show in Milan towards the end of November and he said that the majority of people there were Chinese. Within a week of him returning, he was ill with symptoms very similar to those of coronavirus. He said that he started to feel better after about a week but then got worse again before finally getting rid of it. Was it coronavirus - who knows?

Postby KeenCook2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 pm

OH is not feeling great, had a sore throat yesterday and woke up with a bad one in the night. He's hardly been anywhere and always had mask and gloves. Fortunately we have some tests so he's booked a collection for tomorrow and will do it tonight before he goes to bed. :crossed :crossed
The sore throat is the only odd symptom that he has and he thinks his glands are a bit up. He still has his tonsils.
Edited to add that he just said he's had a touch of diarrhoea ...

Postby Seatallan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Hope it isn't Covid KC2. Will keep all crossed.... :crossed
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby jeral » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:11 pm

KeenCook2, keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I'm sure however that OH will be fine and sail through whatever it is :)
---

The water testing is interesting, thanks for the info. As are the dates like Nov and Dec. A fair few people have rung in to a local London radio station saying they were ill in December after being abroad and wonder if they might have had the virus unknowingly, whether contracted abroad, on the plane home or at the airport. Luckily the callers had all recovered of course so perhaps had only minimal exposure if at all.

Postby KeenCook2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you! He's also just said that when he woke up with the sore throat in the night he was bathed in sweat ....

Postby jeral » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:41 pm

KeenCook2, have you rung up about it?

Postby Busybee » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:14 pm

I do hope your OH hasn’t got it KC2.

Just a small point, but when I got my test it was very clear that you should only do the test on the morning of the collection, this was one of the speculative tests not one for someone who has symptoms- so they may be different, but do please double check your instructions. I’d hate it to give you a possible inconclusive result.

BB

Postby KeenCook2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 pm

No, we haven't rung up, yet, jeral - they'd probably tell us to self-isolate which we have pretty much been doing anyway.
BB, thanks for that, yes, OH read the instructions and they were very clear that you have to do it the night before the collection is organised or before 8am on the day, as they could come any time between 8 and 4. It's booked for tomorrow so he'll do it tonight before going to bed.
I gather the nose swab is really unpleasant as you have to get it so far up.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Oh KC2, what a worry! It's easy to forget that all the usual ailments are still around though, hopefully it's one of those. :newhuggy.

Postby KeenCook2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:39 am

:crossed :crossed EM :newhuggy

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 am

Posts under dispute (and related posts) have moved to the Admin Area. The Admin area is hidden to non-registered visitors.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4678

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Sheds.
We need to buy a new one, quite big too. 10 x 12. Tony really wants a metal one, which I'm resisting. I'd rather have a wooden potting shed stylee, with pretty windows.
Having had our offer on a house accepted at the end of March.
We almost exchanged on Friday at 12 midday, to be told the seller's solicitor had left for the weekend. :lol:

Almost there, we might just exchange contracts on Monday then. Of course the upside of this strange delay over nothing is we won't have to pay stamp duty.

H-anyway.
Sheds. Have a look at the little white shed with a chair in it. I'm going to convert the existing pokey shed into an area I can sit and read in.
I'll have to collect some conkers to keep the spiders out.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/p ... en-annexe/

Postby Suffs » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Would love to have a look Gill, but yet again the website fails to recognise
that I’m signed up ... it’s a cat’s cradle of confusion. :yawn

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:46 pm

Pay-walled Gill
I was going to ask where you'd got to with the house move, so that's where you are

10 x 12 (feet?) is quite big, my only shed was 8' x 6', I don't think I'd want a slab of painted metal that big myself, and wooden ones can be repaired and patched and you can attach trellis. That's big enough that you can have double doors like an old style garage, which is good imo

Postby Suffs » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:04 pm

I can imagine a metal shed getting very hot in the summer, very cold in the winter and subject to a great deal of condensation leading to damp problems with anything stored inside ... but I may be wrong ...

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:06 pm

I thought it would work - I'm not signed in, but still see it.
Let me see if I can find it another way ...... it's such a charming little design.

Try googling on the images tab, a room of ones own Jessica Salter? : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a+roo ... h1adrrSuEM

I know this is clumsy, but she's holding a cup of tea outside her ickle shed.

Yes, metal shed really isn't for me. Tony thinks it's low maintenance. You can get them with vents to allow air circulation that might help.
I'd really have to see one and then love one in order to be convinced.

Postby smitch » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:16 pm

I need a new shed too. Ours was in a bad way and we demolished it during the Great Water Saga.

We have a tiny garden and it is currently an overgrown mess as my health issues have meant I wasn’t able to keep on top of things. We have plans for next year to finally sort it into something low maintenance but want to get the shed installed first.

Postby oat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Suffs you are right about the shed. The house before this one had a metal shed it was huge and hot as hell or freezing and even got ice on the inside on occasions. Not nice

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox