Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: CHATTERBOX

Postby Renee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:03 am

Pat I bought a couple of DVDs, one of which is Zumba with three people, one of which is the founder of Zumba. It is really good. Another is Fitsteps, led by Ian Waite, Natalie Lowe and Mark Foster. I realised that this is very similar to our Tuesday morning class at the gym.

I can watch these on the television set in the living room, so there is plenty of space.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Renee wrote:Pat I bought a couple of DVDs, one of which is Zumba with three people, one of which is the founder of Zumba. It is really good. Another is Fitsteps, led by Ian Waite, Natalie Lowe and Mark Foster. I realised that this is very similar to our Tuesday morning class at the gym.

I can watch these on the television set in the living room, so there is plenty of space.

That's good Renee ... I knew you had the Fitsteps DVD :thumbsup That gives you the basics anyway. If you want some variation, then let me know and you can subscribe to the zoom classes. The Zumba DVDs were devised before the classes became popular. I bought a boxed set that came with Zumba weights sticks too . I have been to a Zumbathon ( :roll: ) where Beto Perez was leading the dance sessions .. He had his whole family on the stage with him - they can certainly move :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana

Postby halfateabag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:01 pm

If I was not on the waggon, I would be cracking a bottle of decent fizz bubb. :wino We have just had an offer on a villa on Rhodes accepted, I am over the moon ! :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana :clap :clap :clap Very early stages but this had been my dream since starting to holiday in Greece over 38 years ago. This place ticks all the boxes - an awful lot of them didn't....... some were very dire...... I have been looking since Crimbo and started off in Greece, diverted to Spain, a slight glimpse at France and Croatia and then finally back to Greece.

The next part of the plan is to drive/ferry to Rhodes as soon as it viable and actually view the property. He will not fly anywhere for quite a few months. I have not slept well for the last few nights and tonight I will be not sleeping tonight as I am over excited !

Great travel news today too.... :thumbsup

Let's just hope it all goes swimmingly ! Oh yes, it does have its own pool !

I think I will consider it a belated Wedding Anniversary present as it was yesterday ! 38 years !!!!! You get less for murder.......!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:09 pm

That's great news Zosh ... everything crossed for you. :newhuggy :clap :limbobanana

btw: you posted a couple of weeks ago about having a London Slice that got everybody guessing .. did you ever come back and explain what it was ? (sorry, I may have missed an update :roll: :oops: )

Postby Seatallan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Sounds wonderful Zosh! And a belated Happy Anniversary!! :wino :wino :wino
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Renee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm

What wonderful news Zosh! Such a lot to look forward to!

Pat, what a wonderful experience to join in with a Zumbathon with Beto Perez and his family. It is so much better to be with a crowd of people and feel their energies! As for me, I just need to start playing the DVDs. I seem to have ground to a halt.

Postby mistakened » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Well done, Zosh, I could write that in Greek but the system does not like it. Where is your new place on Rhodes? How much time will you be spending there?
You too can join the endless discussion about cheap flights

Moira

Postby halfateabag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:23 am

Thanks folks for your comments. Moira, it is 5 mins from Lindos in the south of the island, on the edge (walkable) of a very Greek village. Not being residents, we will stay in short bursts - max of a month as we are only allowed t be there 3 months of the year. I did not realise that Rhodes is an all the year round island - i.e. warm enough and it does not shut down. When things are a bit further forward I will post the link. The plan is that in the beginning we will holiday during the cooler months and rent it out during the hotter more lucrative months. If, in time to come/maybe not we might make it our permanent home but that is more likely not to happen.

Patsy, the London slice was HUGE for £1.50 and consisted of a puff pastry top and bottom, a layer of jam (not sure what sort) and marzipan/almond paste. On the top of the puff pastry was water icing and copious amounts of sweetened shredded coconut. Just glad we shared one !

Up early, and have a lot of stuff to do today to prep for the imminent journey - house, car, watering and cats to sort.

Postby mistakened » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:46 am

I cannot be a lot of help as I live in a different country with different laws, There is not much with connection with Rhodes from Cyprus. People tend to go to Crete, it is nearer and there are regular flights.
I will put some thoughts together and PM you.

moira

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Goodness zoshy, you never keep still! Interesting times for overseas travel but I hope the place will give you lots of pleasure. It sounds lovely.

At last the mystery of the London Slice is revealed! :lol:.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:At last the mystery of the London Slice is revealed!

Not come across one of those actually in London, but as I’m not a fan of either puff pastry or desecrated coconut I might have just ignored them

Rhodes sounds good

I want to go out for a little walk, but we keep getting really short sharp showers so I might tidy up and see if it improves - here comes a deluge now

Postby Badger's Mate » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:35 pm

I want to go out for a little walk, but we keep getting really short sharp showers

Same here, our dinner is relying on me going to the plot...

Postby aero280 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:28 pm

I think that the last of today's showers has just passed.

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am

Is anyone working their way through box sets or old TV series they've never seen before during lockdown? I ask because a friend has been watching Death in Paradise for what seems like weeks now and is only at the end of Series 2. :clap

I think I've mentioned before the glorious Talking Pictures TV. I'm currently swooning over Terence Morgan as Sir Frances Drake. :lol: :lol: They have all sorts of old films and series on there, nearly all having to have disclaimers about being "the view at the time". I do appreciate however that not everyone is an ancient as me but I love seeing things I watched with my dad when I was small.

https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

We watched the Downton Abbey film last night. :lol: :lol: It's just become free on Sky. Load of rubbish but quite enjoyable I guess. Nothing like as good as Mary Poppins Returns though.
Last edited by Pepper Pig on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby smitch » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

I'm working my way through ER on All4. I watched most of them back in the 90s but stopped when I went to uni in 2001.

Postby scullion » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:18 pm

i'm trying to work my way through all of the stuff recorded on the humax, more than enough without watching anything on iplayer etc (and we only have terrestrial tv - no netflix etc) i'm not making much of a dent in it before another programme gets recorded.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Is anyone working their way through box sets or old TV series they've never seen before during lockdown? I ask because a friend has been watching Death in Paradise for what seems like weeks now and is only at the end of Series 2. :clap

We watched the Downton Abbey film last night. :lol: :lol: It's just become free on Sky. Load of rubbish but quite enjoyable I guess. Nothing like as good as Mary Poppins Returns though.

I am enjoying watching A Place Called Home on Drama TV ..an Australian series about a rich farming Dynasty (think Dallas, but in the '50s ;) I still have stuff on my vivo box dating back a couple of years, including some films.

I saw the Downton Abbey film at the Pinewood cinema (last year :?: ) and was distinctly underwhelmed :roll: Just seemed like a 3 part series rolled into a film :thumbsdown

Postby Lusciouslush » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 pm

A friend is working her way thro' The Sopranos box sets & loving it - didn't see it first time round - I love the music in that series.

We've just finished watching The Medici on Netflix - absolutely brilliant!

Postby mistakened » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:We watched the Downton Abbey film last night
It was an extended episode of the TV series with added jewellery. We enjoyed ourselves identifying Queen Mary's tiara etc that HM wears now.
We like Talking Pictures TV too, a couple of weeks ago we watched Mr Pastry (Richard Hearne) dance The Lancers. I know that it was a famous "turn" and am glad that it was recorded.

Moira

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 pm

We've started watching the first series of The Bureau on Amazon Prime, about French MI6 which we're enjoying immensely. And we watched the most recent series of Bosch, also on Prime.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox