Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Earthmaiden » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Ah! Sport, hospital programmes and things like Jeremy Kyle and Vine rarely stay on any longer than it takes to find the off button here so I probably miss a lot :lol: :lol:.

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 pm

He has been around a bit
lead male is not called Sunny but is an actor and DJ named Muzz Khan.

Muzz is from Burnley, Lancashire, and has made brief appearances in TV series such as Year of the Rabbit, Black Mirror and Galavant.

I just think he is reminiscent of a few people I’ve known; apparently they are his children

Postby Pampy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 am

I think he looks a bit like Stephen Mangan.

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:18 am

Thanks Sue, and yes he does Pampy.

Postby mistakened » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 am

Earthmaiden wrote:Ah! Sport, hospital programmes and things like Jeremy Kyle and Vine rarely stay on any longer than it takes to find the off button here so I probably miss a lot :lol: :lol:.

Ditto

Moira

Postby Grasshopper » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Same here!!!! :lol:

Our old fossil of a computer (the case of which is held together with gaffer tape), has been replaced by a new one which is a lot more powerful!

It may take me a while to learn how to use it tho ;)
Grasshopper

Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw.
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door.

Postby jeral » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:25 am

Good luck Grasshopper. Hopefully no, or not too many BSoDs (blue screens of death, hanging/total stops). Ignore any urges to chuck it out the window ;)

Postby Renee » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:40 am

:lol: :lol:

You'll love your new computer Grasshopper! Mine was much faster.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:03 pm

For about the fifth time in a month I have seen a reference to serving a dip with pizza, I’d never heard of it before but it seems it’s definitely a thing, even Epicurious has an article on which sauce to use
https://www.epicurious.com/expert-advic ... ed-gallery

Sounds disgusting to me, are pizzas now so meh they need a mass produced sugar and vinegar mix to make them palatable?

Is this something you have come across? Is it normal to you? I guess it may have been around a while in places like Pizza Hut but I tend to eat homemade pizza or from local Italian places so it would pass me by

Postby WWordsworth » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 pm

I haven't heard of it.
Like you, my pizza tends to be home made or from a local place that does good ones to eat in or take away.

That's not counting the Bangladeshi run chippy at the end of the road.
They do glorious hot and spicy "pizza"

Postby Suelle » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:For about the fifth time in a month I have seen a reference to serving a dip with pizza, I’d never heard of it before but it seems it’s definitely a thing, even Epicurious has an article on which sauce to use
https://www.epicurious.com/expert-advic ... ed-gallery

Sounds disgusting to me, are pizzas now so meh they need a mass produced sugar and vinegar mix to make them palatable?

Is this something you have come across? Is it normal to you? I guess it may have been around a while in places like Pizza Hut but I tend to eat homemade pizza or from local Italian places so it would pass me by

I've never come across it before, but it's been years since I bought a pizza in a restaurant. It tends to be a 'Friday night, too tired to cook' home treat for me. Strangely, though, I caught sight, out of the corner of my eye, of a bottle of what I thought was labelled Pizza Sauce while I was in Sainsbury's this morning. Didn't think much of it until I saw your post.

https://www.hellmanns.com/uk/products/b ... sauce.html
Traditional home baking, and more:
http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Dominos have sold garlic & herb and other dips for a long time (I have a relative connected with them). I thought originally that they were for dipping chicken nuggets in when they first started doing them but it's definitely sold as a dip for everything, including pizza now. I seem to remember when I was at work and the guys ordered pizza that dips were included - they mainly got thrown away. I have never tried dipping pizza.

Postby Suffs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Looks a bit like the sauce used for kebabs ... and a lot of kebab shops serve pizza now, so :roll: ... I don't fancy it on pizza, but I suppose at the end of the evening after several pints it could seem like a good idea ... :roll:...

Postby smitch » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:16 pm

We get Papa Johns from time to time as there are no decent pizza places that deliver. The pizzas always come with a pot of dip and I quite like it with the crusts.

Postby slimpersoninside » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Daughter enjoys a dip with pizza, she uses it to dip the crusts in.

Postby Pampy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:33 pm

I usually make my own but rarely, get one from a local independent takeaway, which is quite good. They always send a small pot of what I presume is meant to be a dip - it's the same colour as mayonnaise but I don't know what it tastes of as it goes straight in the bin.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Suelle wrote:
I've never come across it before, but it's been years since I bought a pizza in a restaurant. It tends to be a 'Friday night, too tired to cook' home treat for me. Strangely, though, I caught sight, out of the corner of my eye, of a bottle of what I thought was labelled Pizza Sauce while I was in Sainsbury's this morning. Didn't think much of it until I saw your post.

https://www.hellmanns.com/uk/products/b ... sauce.html

Aaah- think that might have been one of the things I saw too, Morrison’s had a big display of Hellman’s that I half glanced at

Postby scullion » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:26 pm

i've had the garlic mayonnaise to dip the crusts in, too - it's good, better than eating a comparatively boring, crispy crust on its own.
we don't often buy pizza but some come with quite a big 'verge' of bread. the dip possibly means that there's less food thrown away.

Postby herbidacious » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello

Not sure where to ask this but...

Does anyone regularly use Sainsbury's delivery service at the moment? My mother had a priority booking thing, due to ancientness and houseboundness. She wants 'a shop doing' (obvs left it until it's urgent) but there is nothing before Sunday. Are they still releasing extra slots at certain times of the day?

I think last time (about a month ago) I could get her one within two days. Are we going back towards early Coivd form a bit, I wonder?

I suppose I could book Sunday and loook again later to see if there is an earlier one.
Last edited by herbidacious on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Busybee » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:08 pm

I don’t know about Sainsburys but there are certainly less slots around on Tesco. My parents are in the same situation, and I’m trying to get them to book another slot as soon as they have a delivery.

I genuinely think more people are sticking with on-line, I know we are, hence more demand. As we have a monthly pass for Tesco this gives access to a further weeks booking, I always have four weeks slots booked ahead at any time. It’s just a matter of being organised, putting a few staples in the basket to reserve the slot and then revisiting the day before to do the shop properly.

Hope you find a slot for her.

BB

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox