Register

What's everyone eating this week?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: What's everyone eating this week?

Postby Alexandria » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:26 am

Sunday Evening ..

To take the chill out, as we had a long drive home bumper to bumper, when we had arrived home, we had a Spanish Hot Chocolate paired with Albert Adria´s Natura, Raíces Brand Turrón
(nugget) ecological, made with Truffles, and mazapán of Yuzu ..

Was extraordinarily amazing ..

We truly enjoy Albert´s line called Natura, of Nuggets and chocolates .. All natural ecological or bio and wonderful aromatic fragrances ..

Have a lovely week ahead.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Tuesday ..

My parents had given us 2 wild sea bass, so I am preparing baked in oven with a Pesto of fresh herbs, garlic, pine nuts, Aged Reggiano Parmigiani, Evoo, S & P and wrapping the fish in a Fresh dough painted with egg yolk ( a Spanish Style similiar to a Wellington dough ) ..

The dish in Spanish is called: Lubina Hojaldrada con Pesto de Hierbas ..

Have a nice week ahead ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Tuesday ..

My parents had given us 2 wild sea bass, so I am preparing baked in oven with a Pesto of fresh herbs, garlic, pine nuts, Aged Reggiano Parmigiani, Evoo, S & P and wrapping the fish in a Fresh dough painted with egg yolk ( a Spanish Style similiar to a Wellington dough ) ..

The dish in Spanish is called: Lubina Hojaldrada con Pesto de Hierbas ..

Have a nice week ahead ..

Postby Renee » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:15 pm

What an interesting way to cook whole sea bass, Member 461! It is my favourite fish.

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Sea bass is one of our favourites too Member 461. A lovely way of cooking it too.

After our feast on Sunday our main meal was a wild mushroom risotto - surely the mushrooms must finish soon. WE had it with an endive and orange salad.
I also spent quite a long time peeling a big box of apples I was given and turning them into compote with added sultanas and a good splash of calvados. I've popped most of it in the freezer as a quick sweet hit when necessary. We had to try some with a small scoop of vanilla, pecan and caramel icecream which was rather too sweet for me.

Tonight we are having a freshly made traditional quiche Lorraine with a hot bresh beetroot salad and a German style potato salad - well Lorraine was German more than once!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Alexandria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Good Evening Joan & Renée,

Thank you very much for the feedback ..

Turned out simply sublimely exquisite ..

I must learn how to load up my photographs ..

Sakkarin sometimes does for me !! Not too "techi" ..

Joan: I just got in from the Gym .. You are quite an Ace in the kitch ! Sounds amazing.

Renée: Once again, thank you so much for all your complments ..

All my very best for a lovely evening .. :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana

Postby Alexandria » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Thursday Lunch ..

Joan has inspired a visit to a local Italian Restaurant here in Barcelona for a Risotto either with Boletus wild Mushrooms or Prawns ..

They do a Risotto special daily and now, I must call and reserve a table for 6 (staff) ..

Have a lovely day ..

Postby dennispc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 am

Wild sea bass - without effort. :D

Wild Bass.jpg

That piece of fennel came from our north facing garden. Can't believe it's still growing after frosts, heavy rain and high winds.

Have a nice day.

Postby Renee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Oooh Dennis!!! I'll eat that for my breakfast! It looks wonderful.

Postby Alexandria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Petronius,

Outstanding wild sea bass ..

Have a nice weekend. :wave

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 am

fish fish fish fish fish!
Nice one, Dennis.

Postby Alexandria » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 am

Saturday ..

Busy as bumble bees preparing for our trip to the Madrid Capital on Wednesday for National Holidays.

Today, we shall have Asturian White Beans (Alubias) with artichoke hearts and fresh wild clams (chirlas), a popular Asturian Spoon Dish, as we call them ..

All our best for a nice weekend.

Postby Alexandria » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Sunday ..

An Asturian Traditional White Bean dish with freshly hunted partridge called: Judiónes con Perdiz ..

A fabulous spoon dish ..

Postby karadekoolaid » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:36 pm

No food yet today, but we´re waiting for our guests to arrive in about an hour´s time.
Snacks will be :
Papadums
Vadas
Pakoras
pakoras.jpg

Followed by:
Chicken Makhani ( my version)
Basmati rice plucked from the lush hillsides of the Himalayas
Masoor Dal with cabbage
Okra and green bean masala
Baingan ka Salaan ( Hyderabad aubergines with coconut and peanuts)
Brinjal pickle
Sweet mango chutney

All washed down with a bottle of Buchanan´s finest Scotch!

Postby Lusciouslush » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 pm

:clap :clap …………………...enjoy!!

Postby jeral » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:44 pm

karadekoolaid, doggy bag please :) Was there any left by the time your guests arrived? ;)

If anyone's interested who can get Food Network (Ch 41 Freeview), Anjum Anand's Indian Food is on tonight (Sunday) at 9pm, being S1 Ep1 with Ep2 following at 9.30pm. (I've set to series record.) Almost certainly a repeat, but it ain't if it's the first time one will be seeing it.

It's been warm here today so I plumped for cold smoked mackerel salad with usual suspects of black olives, baby plum toms, artichoke hearts (tinned) and semi-hard egg - and salad cream of course, with lightly toasted sesame seed coated caterpillar bread. <- A terrible attempt at a sexy-smooth voice description :lol:

I'm intending to put the oven on tomorrow for Yorks puds, so will fashion some vol-au-vent cases (bought puff pastry) too. Being a busy time they'll be good for eating-on-the-go grub :thumbsup

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Starting on Saturday supper I made a chicken Kashmiri marsala with some added aubergine. HM naan, cucumber raita and a tomatoe, cucumber and red onion salad with lime and masses of fresh coriander with lime pickle and sweet mango chutney. We had a platter of tropical fruit to fllow which has lasted for three breakfasts.

Yesterday was a yearly lunch for friends and neighbours following a visit to a local winery's open house for the Christmas liquid refreshment.

We each take a contribution. There was a wonderful selection of canapes then I made a chestnut veloute with truffle shavings accompanied byparmesanand piment d'espalette sables.

The main was Danish ham with a typical winter salad and savoyard potatoes, which had to be cooked by a neighbour because the hostesses oven had packed in.

Cheese with radishes and walnuts soaked in port

Desserts were my mini pineapple and preserved ginger pavolvas and a magnificant selection of Moroccan pastries.

I hardly dare mention the HM chocolates and macaroons with the coffee and cognac.

Needless to say we didn't need supper.

Today we finised the soup I kept back and tonight it is more down to earth with sausages in white wine, polenta and lemon buttered leeks and a gooseberry (tinned) crumble and custard.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Renee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Wonderful food Joan! I've never cooked sausages in wine. Do you brown them first and how much wine do you use?

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:00 pm

It's an old ED trick Renee. You briefly sieze the sausages in a pan in hot butter then when the stiffen you pop them in an oven-proof dish and add a small glass of white wine to the pan, swirl it round and pour over the sausages and cook in a moderately hot oven to finish cooking. I serve then with either a pureed potato or polenta.

Postby karadekoolaid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Joan - all that sounds absolutely delicious!

Well I put everything on the table for the guests. Eventually, 15 ( plus two children) arrived :o
They ate everything. Then repeated!!
The Chicken looked like this:
Chicken Tikka.jpg

However, one of the unexpected highlights was a bottle of Italian Sassicaia 2014, red wine. Wow, what a truly delicious surprise!

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox