Register

RIP Joel Rebuchon

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: RIP Joel Rebuchon

Postby mark111757 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Direct link to spud recipe

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... rld-recipe

It looks sooooo good!!

Postby mark111757 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Talking of mincers, mum had one similar to this.... Weighed a ton but made best roast beef hash and corned beef hash and home made cranberry relish amongst others

s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg (11.31 KiB) Viewed 3953 times

Postby Renee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:34 pm

That looks familiar Mark! My mum also had one.

Postby Alexandria » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Joan,

From May through October is tourist season and our business is to provide international tourists with historic, culutural, gastro-eno tours, monumental, city tours, rural tours, the castle route, the silver route, the Basque Coast, Andalusia, Portugal, Northern Italy, Southern France, ancient ruins, medieval hidden treasures ( Transylvania for example ) and numerous other tailored made tours for clients coming from the over the 7 seas ..

So, when we are home, we visit our parents in the northeastern Costa Brava, where we also have a tiny condominium ..

The other 3 weeks we work in Urban Barcelona and those weekends ( Friday - Sunday ), I cook.

I cooked daily when our twins sons ( 27 ) were born and growing up. Now they are married and live close to my parents and in in laws ..

Now, during the week, as we work Monday - Friday, we have lunch out and on Mondays, in colder weather, we sometimes have left overs from Sunday´s lunch.

Christmas & Easter, my parents and I still have my grand parents ( elderly ) we go to there and my inlaws during the holidays ..

I enjoy the shopping on Friday mornings and plan all prior .. My fave part .. Le Mercat de La Boqueria ..

Other than this, we love to go meet up with dear friends and / or by ourselves and have our " tavern " light meal & wine ..

Have a nice summer .. :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Pampy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Member 461 wrote:Another point, you are a home gourmet and prepare extraordinarily beautiful dinners, lunches and meals for invited guests.

Calling Joan a home gourmet is a bit like saying that Gaudi was a builder. She is a Masterchef winner, an author, a newspaper cookery column writer...

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Hear Hear Pampy……….!

Postby Alexandria » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Joan,

I do not know very much about your professional Curriculum !! " Bits & Pieces " here and there. As I am only on the Fórum approx. since last summer (2017 ) ..

All I know, is that you are a marvelous home gourmet, and possess a profound knowledge of exemplary French and international cuisines.

Félicitations .. Pleased to know that you were a professional Chef ..

Joan: All my best !! I could say alot of things about negativity, phobics and depressants, however, I prefer not ! This is a forum ! And some people are disrespectful and have no manners.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Member 461 wrote: I could say alot of things about negativity, phobics and depressants, however, I prefer not ! This is a forum ! And some people are disrespectful and have no manners.

As you yourself have just proved!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox