Register

General Wellbeing

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.

Re: General Wellbeing

Postby KeenCook2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:30 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
I have completely missed this thread and never think to look on 'Other Stuff'

Pat, I find that if I go to "board index" and select "view unread posts" I will see exactly that - the posts that I haven't read!
I can then go directly to the first post I haven't read on a particular thread by clicking on the little red arrowhead next to the subject line of the thread ...

It took me a while to get used to this after moving over from Wildies; I have "board index" bookmarked in my bookmarks bar (I use Chrome) so can go straight there.

I haven't managed to access this board satisfactorily on my phone so only use my laptop for it.

Talking of hearing aids, I only found out that my sister has been wearing a hearing aid most of her life last year sometime. She's only 77 :lol:

Postby PatsyMFagan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:24 pm

halfateabag wrote:Thanks peeps. EM the hearing unit (small) sits behind your ear with a very thin tube (much thinner than my Dads) comes from that unit over the top/front (of ear) and goes into your actual ear. I was concerned that it (the whole apparatus) could easily dislodge and I might loose it, so far no problems, so much so that I can't feel the unit when its in use.

I have been lip reading for some time, but not realising that I was doing it, face masks put paid to that !

As long as 'my ears' go on first I don't have problems with the glasses (even with a string to keep them around my neck). Mask goes on last, so far so good, I have not been tangled up.

Very impressed with the NHS service and quality of goods. I had my audio test on 21st Dec and had them fitted within 5 weeks.

OH tried them on and seemed impressed as well.

I have completely missed this thread ....I never think of looking under 'Other Stuff' in fact forget it is here :roll: :roll:

Postby Amber » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:37 am

I remember seeing a special mask adaptor for people who wear hearing aids. It was called something like a Barber attachment?

eta similar to this https://www.fastcompany.com/90488090/th ... with-masks

But there are also some good ideas for home made adaptors available too.

Postby scullion » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 am

a button on either end of a strip of thick tape or a couple of layers of fabric works, too. like this - and easy to make.

Postby Pampy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:07 pm

Amber wrote:I remember seeing a special mask adaptor for people who wear hearing aids. It was called something like a Barber attachment?

eta similar to this https://www.fastcompany.com/90488090/th ... with-masks

But there are also some good ideas for home made adaptors available too.

I bought some of those from Amazon but they're difficult to put on and the loops of the mask still sometimes get caught on the hearing aid.

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:26 pm

No hearing aids (yet) but between hair, earrings, specs I end up carefully putting my mask on in front of the mirror before I go out, it's easier in the long run

Previous

Return to Other Stuff